• Very quick question.

About to play my first game of 1914 (very excited!!).

Do you need to hold denmark to go through the straight? Or can the UK shamelessly invade berlin directly from London via sea?

Even if it doesn’t succeed on turn one, if the UK starts contesting Berlin, can the germans still recruit in there?

Thanks

• Official Q&A

@captainhook:

Do you need to hold denmark to go through the straight?

No.

@captainhook:

Even if it doesn’t succeed on turn one, if the UK starts contesting Berlin, can the germans still recruit in there?

Yes.  You can mobilize land and air units in your capital (and the British Empire in India) as long as the enemy doesn’t control it.

• @captainhook:

Very quick question.

About to play my first game of 1914 (very excited!!).

Do you need to hold denmark to go through the straight? Or can the UK shamelessly invade berlin directly from London via sea?

Thanks

There is no straight/Denmark rule. There are two German naval bases though that service sz10 (Kiel) and sz11 (Berlin) that are mined. As long as the Germans control or contest these territories the mines assigned to the adjacent sz are active against enemy ships moving in, or passing through. Any time enemy ships (including transports) enter, or even move through a mined sz they would be subject to getting hit by a mine and removed (bb still take 2 hits). If they have 5 ships entering, then you roll one dice for each of them (5 in total per mined sz). You would call out each ship, then roll your mine dice. A roll of 1 is a hit and that ship sunk (removed from play), but battleships still take 2 hits though.

Yes to your second part, you can still mobilizes units in your capital when it is contested.

You can also still mobilize ships from your original naval base(s) if the territory they are assigned to is contested (provided you still have the means to do so), and mines still work even when the territory linked to the naval base sz is contested as well.

• Thanks guys!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m