• @elevenjerk:

Lately I have really liked the G1.  You can look up Young Grasshoppers G1 strategy for some insight.  It is really good.  I prefer to do it differently.  He likes to attack and then play the war of attrition if I remember correctly.  I like to attack and wipe out Russia as soon as possible.

The big difference between his G1 and mine is the attack of the Navy on sz 115.  I bring the Battleship, Cruiser, along with a couple airplanes.  If they scramble the 1 fighter you should still be able to win pretty easy.  If you have 2 @ 3 and 2 @ 4 with a hit on the battleship, Russia would be crazy to scramble.  The fighter is just too important.  That would only give them 1 @ 1, 1 @ 3, and 1 @ 4.  Not the odds I want as Russia.

As for the UK navy.  I only attack sz 111 with 2 subs, 3 fighters (1 from Norway, 2 from W Germany), 3 tacs (all from W Germany).

It is really quite effective.  I also take the transport to the battle with an Inf/Art from Germany to attack Baltic States.  This is in the hopes I don’t get diced in Baltic States and have a good number of units so Russia has to take most if not all available units to take it back.

Why wouldn’t the Russian sub at sz115 just submerge and attack your placed transports in sz113? If you instead place in sz112, either the SZ127 Russian Sub or UK would blow them up. I don’t see how this strategy works… If you also build a DD, then maybe.

• Why wouldn’t the Russian sub at sz115 just submerge and attack your placed transports in sz113? If you instead place in sz112, either the SZ127 Russian Sub or UK would blow them up. I don’t see how this strategy works… If you also build a DD, then maybe.

That is in fact what happened in my recent games.  I do build a DD to place with the transport.  I can also scramble 3 fighters if the sub attacks it.  In fact, the better move turned out to be the sub submerged.  On R1 the sub, 2 fighters, 1 tac attacked my BB and CV that were left.  One game Germany won the battle but clearly defying the odds.  The other time it was Russia winning with all the planes.  I actually am considering waiting till G2 to attack the Russian CV and sub in future games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m