• I think this has been asnswered already but I desperately cannot find it.

In which cases can fighters directly be put onto a just mobilized carrier?

• if they are built with the carrier?
    • if they are in an adjacent territory to the SZ the carrier is mobilized?

Thx for the help!

• @rulebook:

Place fighters into territories containing an industrial complex controlled by your power from the start of your turn, or
    on an aircraft carrier owned by your power in a sea zone adjacent to a territory with such an industrial complex. The
    aircraft carrier may be either a new one or an existing one already in place. You cannot place a new fighter on a carrier
    owned by a friendly power.

HTH :-)

• Thx, but I thought there was another case specifically answered by Krieghund for the following situation:

You already own the fighter in the territory adjacent to the SZ the AC is in - or will be mobilized.
    Is it possible to put the fighter “on board” in the mobilization phase?

Krieghund, official statement?

• That is the current way to mobilize a carrier- putting an existing fighter on the carrier when mobilizing the new carrier.  I think this has been the rule since at least Revised, and the way I would play for any A&A game because it just makes sense.

• Official Q&A

You may mobilize a new fighter on a new carrier.

You may not move an existing fighter onto a carrier from an adjacent territory during the mobilization phase.  The correct way to get an existing fighter onto a new carrier is to end the fighter’s movement in the sea zone in which the carrier will be mobilized, allowing it to land when the carrier is placed in the sea zone.

This is also the case in every game published after AA50.

• @Krieghund:

You may mobilize a new fighter on a new carrier.

You may not move an existing fighter onto a carrier from an adjacent territory during the mobilization phase.  The correct way to get an existing fighter onto a new carrier is to end the fighter’s movement in the sea zone in which the carrier will be mobilized, allowing it to land when the carrier is placed in the sea zone.

This is also the case in every game published after AA50.

Agreed.  I guess I didn’t mention that last part.

• THX !!! +

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m