• Maybe I’m playing it wrong, but I am not running into any balance issues with this game. Sure the outcome is often very one-sided, but the two sides are both winning consistently. Both sides are running out of reinforcements by round 6 or so though, is that normal?

• I don’t know that I would call it normal. However, neither would I call it abnormal or unheard of.

• Tough for the Allies to win in this.  Reinforcement rolls can be good or bad, so if you roll a lot of 6’s then yeah, you can run out.

• I have had more Axis victories than defeats.

• The axis win all the time when I play even when I had one of my friends whose terrible at A&A play germany, and i always run out of reinforcements in like turn 5

• I haven’t played with the optional cards yet, do they change the balance at all?

• @gperson2:

I haven’t played with the optional cards yet, do they change the balance at all?

The Fortune cards can really skew things. There is one that limits Allies movement and Allies landing if the dice come up wrong. That is devastating to the Allies.

• I’ve only played this game three times and all three were allied victories. The allies would just mass all their fighters on the objective territories forcing germany to loos half of thier forces in any given attack in those areas

• @The:

I’ve only played this game three times and all three were allied victories. The allies would just mass all their fighters on the objective territories forcing germany to loos half of thier forces in any given attack in those areas

:? I don’t think you are playing correctly.  :|  Allied aircraft don’t participate in combats.

• @frimmel:

@The:

I’ve only played this game three times and all three were allied victories. The allies would just mass all their fighters on the objective territories forcing germany to loos half of thier forces in any given attack in those areas

:? I don’t think you are playing correctly.  :|  Allied aircraft don’t participate in combats.

They only fire at targets moving into or out of the territory, correct?

• @BJCard:

@frimmel:

@The:

They only fire at targets moving into or out of the territory, correct?

Yep. “Any given attack” suggested combat phase use instead of hindering movement use which is why I asked.

• well the aircraft would be waiting for them in those territories so when the germans would enter the territory to initiate the attack each unit was taking 4 dice of strafing fire causing 50% casualties.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m