• Like you suggested I have changed the US tts. I also made Germany feldgrau (for your own palette r:77 g:93 b:83)

was it intentional that you changed the border of SZ 8,9 at Picardie?

possible IPC Points for Minors and Neutrals:

Spain 4
    Switzerland 4
    Bulgaria 4 aligned to OE
    Sweden 4 (3)
    Norway 4 (3)
    Mexico 3 (4)
    Romania 3 aligned to RU
    Serbia 3 aligned to RU
    Albania 1
    Macedonia 1 aligned to BE
    Greece 1
    Portugal 2 aligned to BE
    Abyssina 1
    Belgium 3 aligned to FR
    Netherlands 2
    Denmark 2
    South Arabia 1 aligned to BE
    Persia 1
    Afghanistan 1
    Kufra 1 aligned to OE
    Liberia 1 aligned to US

I am still not sure about Sweden, Norway and Mexico as you can see…

Any suggestions?

1914Alpha8.PNG

• Customizer

few changes:

Yes, the SZ 8/9 border is deliberate; I don’t want the Americans offloading straight into Picardy - historically they offloaded at Brest. Cough.

Added another West Russian tt.

Did you decide against the change to Constantinople & sea zones?

1914BetaMap.PNG

• Flashy,
    Barindo doesn’t like it, but Norway land locks the northern part of Finland. Check out any map of Finland. This prevents silly Brit invasions.

13F

• Customizer

I chose to use a “4 corners” solution because I didn’t like units moving straight from Norway to Karelia.
    Alternatively there could be an impassable arctic region up there.

• Latest version of my German Game Map

Can´t wait to get it printed in XXL…

1914Alpha8.png

• Customizer

Nice.

Just in case you didn’t pick up on it, my suggestion for dividing Greece was that the southern part was essentially pro-German (with its German monarch), while Makedonia (with its pro-Allied President) is pro-British.

In case you have an interest in Ancients, I’ve started a thread on HGD about a possible new version of Conquest of the Empire, recently mooted by Larius:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18463

Your comments on the map posted there would be welcome.

• Thank you Flash, at the moment I am spending all my freetime on this WW1 map but I will look for it in the future.

• Added Cuba, Gallipoli, Anatolia and Spain as a 9th power (which maybe gets activated when Portugal declares war on the Central Powers or if Mexico overruns Texas)

As miniatures I am hoping for HBG which will bring out a set of neutrals soon, but for now I was thinkinking about painting Austrian or Italian units red.

Which ones would fit better?

Still not sure about the seize of Baltikum/Ukraine…

1914Alpha9.png

• Customizer

Not sure about Spain as a power, but then Turkey is questionable.

If you do, give Spain a small navy and a naval base at Cadiz (Andalusia).

• Did it !

What do you mean when you say small navy? Two cruiser and one transport?

This new seazone changes a lot esp. for US trying to move troops to Italy…

Round 1 will often see Austria moving its navy to SZ 17 to block France getting their colonial troops to the westernfront

I like this new setting very much!

1914Alpha9 (1).png

• Finally Russia has 18 tts now. I like the fact that Turkey is far away from Moscow.

I also changed some names…

1914Alpha9 (1).png

• Made Germany and Switzerland larger, Cuba and Liberia generate IPCs but do not mobilize troops after declaring war (Blue colour for IPC)

Pripjet ist no more impassable (there was much fighting there in 1915)

Some changes of Seazones.

I Think I am happy with this map now !

1914Alpha9 (1) (1).png

• Customizer

US ships should be able to pass through the straits unhindered as long as Spain remains neutral.

An alternative is to make Gibraltar a British port within Spain (I’ve never liked that “Gibraltar” tt in A&A.) The UK can use it as long as Spain is not at war with the Allies; in order to attack it the CPs have to attack Andalusia itself.

Really, for movement and repair purposes, the UK should have NBs at Gibraltar, Malta & Alexandria; but without the ship building capability. That means two grades of naval base, however.

By small navy I mean small dreadnoughts; you might prefer to scale them down to cruisers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/España-class_battleship

Pripet should at lest be impassable to tanks, but then again we could say that about any mountainous area as well.

I’d also consider a French Congo tt.

This was (I think) the last map I did before moving onto the Roman Stuff:

note the division of Persia into Russian and British zones of influence.

Axis&Allies1914FullMapFlashFinished.PNG

• I gave grey Ports (Repair + Movement, No Building/Sea Mines) to Egypt, Gibraltar and Canada. What about adding another one in India/South Africa?

5 Homeland tts is enough for Spain.

Spanish army will be as any other mobilized Minor power determied by the IPC numbers.

Asturien 3Inf /1Art
    Katalonien 5/1
    Valencia 3/1
    Madrid 5/1
    Andalusien 1/1
    Spanisch M. 1/1

SZ 16 2 Cruiser 1 Transport

Still have to think about splitting Persia and Congo.

1914Alpha9 (1) (1) (2).png

• Customizer

More possible ports:

Italy:
    Taranto
    Tripoli (grey)

France:
    Dakar (Senegal, grey)
    Oran (Algeria, grey)

UK:
    Malta (grey)
    Cape Town (grey)
    Bombay (grey)
    move port from Wales to Scotland (Glasgow, same sea zone)

Germany
    Dar-es-Salaam (GEA, grey)

Do you have a cruiser stationed off GEA? (Konigsberg)

• Yes one german Cuiser is in SZ 31.

Added all ports and made French Congo.

France (27) has now two starting IPCs more than Austria.

Next will be starting Set ups on the map…

• Starting Setu Ups:

I reduced AH army and gave these Units to GE and OE

Maybe the Spanish Fleet ist to weak - I don´t know for sure…

• Divided Persia into North and South

Some Changes with Denmark, Spanish Set Up.

• Version without Spain and Historical Entry for Minors

• '14

@Chacmool:

Version without Spain and Historical Entry for Minors

Because this keeps me up at night… have you considered reducing the amount of German units in the eastern part of the German Empire (i.e., Prussia), or slightly increasing the Russian forces in Poland? I mention this because so much of the Russian standing army was based here and so little of the German army in eastern Germany c. August 1914 (8th Army).

I have followed your map’s development to a certain extent, but what was the rationale for the U.S. having such a high starting IPC amount? The southern USA seems a bit much given the period, and there is no way it had the industrial output of the northeastern USA. Texas you can justify due to oil boom in OK and TX, but the South really should be around 8 IPCs. It had the potential for agriculture, but its industrial output was limited compared to the northeast and it was soon going to lose population due to internal migration (African American agricultural workers switching to a life in the urban Northeast and Midwest).

I really like your African map setup. In the house rules I am mulling over, I have African units as taking two hits to kill as opposed to one (Central Powers only; sort of like battleships that regenerate without a port). Also, I will probably work in a few “pop up” revolts in Africa (Senussi, Somalia, etc.) for the Ottoman/CP player to spring within a certain time range. The Senussi, for example, were a serious problem for the Italians and their attempts to deal with them were seriously underwhelming when compared with the British. You never see much in English, however, on the Italian side of this campaign. When a Turkish infantry unit pops up Cyrenica, suddenly the Italians or British need to pay more attention to Africa.

BTW, what does the K stand for on the African spawn points? Thanks!

Edit: I see you how you have worked in the Sennusi in Kufra. I like this addition.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m