Best way to get a German unit in Egypt?

• Probably using an Italian transport early- only if the Axis have firm control of the Med.  I also like to take Southern France with Germany turn 1, so you could build a small navy there with Germany.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Yep, Southern France is a good way to go. I don’t think it’s worth it for Germany to build an IC in Yugoslavia, they should strafe it and give it to Italy anyway.

• you forgot declaring war on Turkey and busting tanks thru to Egypt…

• @The:

you forgot declaring war on Turkey and busting tanks thru to Egypt…

I’ve done that! Took the whole mid-east and Egypt and with the NO’s was making tons of $$$!

Kim

• @rjpeters70:

But doesn’t that open up the US to occupy Venezuela, Chile, Spain, Portugal, and Argentina, and pick up a ton of extra IPCs and men?  I mean, I understand the appeal of taking Turkey (mmm…. turkey), but it seems that long term, it is self defeating.

It is only self defeating if Germany cannot beat Russia fast.

• '12

@rjpeters70:

But doesn’t that open up the US to occupy Venezuela, Chile, Spain, Portugal, and Argentina, and pick up a ton of extra IPCs and men?  I mean, I understand the appeal of taking Turkey (mmm…. turkey), but it seems that long term, it is self defeating.

I had this done to me in a League game- the German player attacked the neutrals G3 and took Spain, Sweden, and Turkey all in one shot …and Germany is already getting 70 IPC/turn before even taking an inch of Russian soil.

• Best way I’ve found is to build a navy (carrier, dd, sub) first turn and second turn take gib, and then use that transport to offload into egypt.

• Oh sorry Germany builds navy turn 1, and turn 2 sails to gibralter, and then you put that german navy in the med. This helps Italy a ton!

• @BJCard:

Probably using an Italian transport early- only if the Axis have firm control of the Med.  I also like to take Southern France with Germany turn 1, so you could  a small navy there with Germany.

It’s right , Germany is awesome country .

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

In Post Sea-Lion I usually shoot a German transport +1 armor onto the other side of Gibraltar.

Else… loading from Northern Italy works.  I have played it before where I’d always leave 1 german inf in Northern Italy for that purpose, and when the time came, load him up to get him over to north africa.

Alot of it is situational though… Egypt doesn’t always fall early.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m