I will not deposit funds in a Cyprusbank, I will not deposit funds in a Cyprusb

• http://weblog.sinteur.com/index.php/2013/03/17/bankraub-auf-zypriotisch/

I heard on the radio their central bank got a bailout, but all depositors will be charged 6.75%

• What is worse is that the UK government has said it will refund any charges incurred by ex pats and our soldiers.
    I don’t see why my taxes should be spent on that, when we owe billions and are meant to be being austere.

• The Cyprus ´Goverment decided to not take the bailout from EZB…they blame the germans instead.
    …Let´s see who is next!

• Is it time to transfer my cash from the bank to my mattress?  Or a jar buried in the back yard?  Yes, this is tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness, that this happened in Cyprus means it can happen here or really pretty much anywhere…

• '12

Spread your assets around.  I would never live in a rental and put all my wealth in one bank account.  It still sucks having your savings account taxed but it would really suck if you were a pensioner with all your wealth in that one account.  Why you and not the property owner next door?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@221B:

Is it time to transfer my cash from the bank to my mattress?  Or a jar buried in the back yard?  Yes, this is tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness, that this happened in Cyprus means it can happen here or really pretty much anywhere…

It’s time to invest a portion (10% to 25%) of your savings into metals, silver for example.

Loosely, the rule is that Silver is always worth Silver, which is always worth Silver.

• @Gargantua:

@221B:

Is it time to transfer my cash from the bank to my mattress?�  Or a jar buried in the back yard?�  Yes, this is tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness, that this happened in Cyprus means it can happen here or really pretty much anywhere…

It’s time to invest a portion (10% to 25%) of your savings into metals, silver for example.

Loosely, the rule is that Silver is always worth Silver, which is always worth Silver.

I’ve thought about precious metals.  Gold, Silver…Lead  :wink: .

I think the best choice is to build useful skills and relationships.  These have value regardless of what happens to the monetary system.

Agreed Baker Street.

But when people are starving… the relationships tend to matter less… lol.

• The Medusa robbery/murders:

in 2009,
    the 1st bank of Corinth got robbed by a lone gunman with a ski mask.

As he was exiting , a brave customer reached out and pulled off the his mask to reveal his face.  The gunman shot him dead with a single bullet.

The gunman looked around , one of the tellers was standing , and looking straight at his face.

The gunman walked over to the teller , and also shot him dead where he stood.

The gunman looked around the bank again.

Now the employees and customers were all huddled to the ground, everybody was face down.

Just to be sure he could leave, the gunman shouted out,  " Who else , has seen my face ?"

a few seconds later,

an elderly gentleman whimpered  aloud.  " M - M - My Wife, ….

my wife , I think she caught A GOOD GLIMPSE of you."

• Nice Linkon.
    In England it would probably be changed to the mother in law.

• I love this place. All nations should model this system.

@Linkon:

The Medusa robbery/murders:

in 2009,
    the 1st bank of Corinth got robbed by a lone gunman with a ski mask.

As he was exiting , a brave customer reached out and pulled off the his mask to reveal his face.  The gunman shot him dead with a single bullet.

The gunman looked around , one of the tellers was standing , and looking straight at his face.

The gunman walked over to the teller , and also shot him dead where he stood.

The gunman looked around the bank again.Â

Now the employees and customers were all huddled to the ground, everybody was face down.

Just to be sure he could leave, the gunman shouted out,  " Who else , has seen my face ?"

a few seconds later,

an elderly gentleman whimpered  aloud.  " M - M - My Wife, ….

my wife , I think she caught A GOOD GLIMPSE of you."

LOL!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m