• one of his earlier previews has a high resolution map already…

• Customizer

@BJCard:

one of his earlier previews has a high resolution map already…

Yes, but it’s a hi-res photo of the map on the table, this is the raw image they used to print the map.

• Oh, you want a pic of the map on the table with all the units on it.  gotcha.

We already have a hi res pic of the map and the setup… why would you need anything else?

• I think he’s talking about the map picture on rulebook page 10. The one without any units on it or map creases or misaligned territory names.

• Customizer

@wove100:

I think he’s talking about the map picture on rulebook page 10. The one without any units on it or map creases or misaligned territory names.

That’s a Bingo!

• fair enough.

• @djensen:

Correct, but you is the current power so if an Ally controls the naval base, it cannot be used.

Kreighund will answer all, eventually. Maybe if we move the site to Europe he could start to answer questions.  :wink:

With all due respect to Krieghund, didn’t he help cause the AA 1940 Rules debacle?

He was right there with Larry and inputting on the OOB rules and eventually they were all essentially thrown out.

So I would reserve appointing Kreighund as the rules guru in AA 1914.

• @Shakespeare:

@djensen:

Correct, but you is the current power so if an Ally controls the naval base, it cannot be used.

Kreighund will answer all, eventually. Maybe if we move the site to Europe he could start to answer questions.  :wink:

With all due respect to Krieghund, didn’t he help cause the AA 1940 Rules debacle?

He was right there with Larry and inputting on the OOB rules and eventually they were all essentially thrown out.

So I would reserve appointing Kreighund as the rules guru in AA 1914.

What AA 1940 rules debacle?

• Wow where did that come from, I know the rule books sometimes fall short, but Kreighund gives us great quick responses to clarify OOB rules when necessary. Yes it is true he is on the ground floor in making up the rules, but I’m sure he gets out voted, or sometimes things get changed in production, or the intent doesn’t come through etc…

He also works out the FAQ for each game, and rule changes as needed. He sometimes gives us a look at the intent of a rule, and was instrumental in the entire Alpha project. A project that you call a debacle, but others looked at it as a partnership with designer listening to the community that plays his games.

• Right. The only problem was the setups and major factory ( glitch) in Norway change, as well as minor tweeks. Kreighund wrote the rules as good as possible and the setup is not his doing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m