• I was afraid the sizes would be out of whack.

• Customizer

Are the units a different scale, or are they just shorter because they’re hunched over?

• Customizer

A little of both. Austrians and Russians are hunched poses, but they look a foot shorter than the French and American. I suspect two sculptors were involved in the project; the Russians and Turks are just adequate, the American and French sculpts are better than we could really expect.

Tanks are a little small, wanted to paint names on them…

• Well when the American forces arrived in France it was remarked on how tall they were so maybe it’s an attempt
    at historical accuracy (of course that won’t explain the French-then again who can :roll: ).

But seriously I’m not happy about this,for the price of this Game you should have figs. that look
    like they belong together.

Flashman how do the figs. compare to standard WWII A&A figs in Size?

• Customizer

Well comparing to original AAE figures (I’m thinking of using the Red Russians for Bolsheviks) the US and French are noticably bigger, the Russians and Austrians about the same.

But, honestly, I don’t think the size of the infantry will spoil the game. You probably wouldn’t notice if you didn’t look for it.

• @Flashman:

Well comparing to original AAE figures (I’m thinking of using the Red Russians for Bolsheviks) the US and French are noticably bigger, the Russians and Austrians about the same.

But, honestly, I don’t think the size of the infantry will spoil the game. You probably wouldn’t notice if you didn’t look for it.

Thanks,I was looking again at the Inf.fig.pictures & both the French & US poses are rather straight up compared to the other
    sculps & the Imp.Ruskies sculps are the most hunched over (probably from trying to advance in the face or all that German
    Artillery).

Uniform Scale is just a Hobbyhorse I tend to ride, & with 2 copies coming(well when CIS ships) + the extra pimps from HBG,
    I can’t let it spoil the game.

• Customizer

@Flashman:

Anyway, the Red Russians from AAE will do nicely for Bolsheviks/Communists.

Except for the fact that they have PPSH’s…I’ll probably be purchasing some ‘Early War Infantry’ from HBG.

• @ossel:

Except for the fact that they have PPSH’s…I’ll probably be purchasing some ‘Early War Infantry’ from HBG.

That’s what I did, those Early War Russian Infantry will be right at home. Now if HBG would just ship them to me . . .

• Customizer

Forgot to mention, my map halves are a much better match than djensens board. No problem there.

Also, all the pieces float. The Battleships evn float the right way up, until they start taking on water.

So really, the only fault with my game is those two peculiar light brown Russian fighters.

• Mine arrived this afternoon(UK), but I was out and my wife decided to hide it until I got home from work. She thought I would take the rules to work or go late!
    I may be up late reading….

• You want to use Mosin-Nagant infantry from A&A miniatures for the Red Army - they actually look similar to Civil War-era Reds because the uniform hadn’t changed much in the interim.

• Customizer

Haven’t ordered mine yet. I would suggest the infantry size discrepancy is either an optical illusion or perhaps a subtle attempt by Avalon to aid player’s abiity to distinguish oposing forces on a crowded board.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m