• Founder TripleA Admin

The next preview is all about movement and combat. It reveals a few details about the other phases as well.

http://j.mp/WLeLIA

After this preview, you should have all the knowledge you need to play.

• Customizer

I know you’ve played a game already. Could you let us know if there were enough chips and pieces? Meaning do you constantly have to make change to prevent running out of one piece or another? Any info/opinion on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I’m really trying to not buy a second copy if at all possible due to budget constraints.

• So during a AA when the defending artillery takes his preemptive strike roll & scores a hit which units is the attacker taking away? The unit/s on the transport or the whole transport?

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

I know you’ve played a game already. Could you let us know if there were enough chips and pieces? Meaning do you constantly have to make change to prevent running out of one piece or another? Any info/opinion on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I’m really trying to not buy a second copy if at all possible due to budget constraints.

In the beginning of the game there was a lot of figiting with the chips to make sure I didn’t run out of light colored ones. After a round or two, it was not longer a problem.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@tytyboogie:

So during a AA when the defending artillery takes his preemptive strike roll & scores a hit which units is the attacker taking away? The unit/s on the transport or the whole transport?

The units on the transport.

• Customizer

Thanks DJ.

• So let me see if I understand this correctly.

Lets say Germany attacks Poland. 8inf vs 4inf.
    Germany gets 2 hits. Russia gets two hits.

Now on Russias turn, those polish units don’t have to roll any dice if they don’t want to right?
    They can just sit?
    And on Germanys turn their units can just sit if you want.them to?

How do you keep track of this during your turn?

[admin]Corrected grammar and spelling.[/admin]

• Founder TripleA Admin

There are no Polish units, there are only units from the 8 major powers.

If the territory was contested (both Central Powers and Allied troops occupy the territory) at the beginning of your turn, then, yes, you are not required to attack.

This is important because you may not have enough units to attack but an allied power might be able to reinforce your troops before your opponents turn, giving you enough units to defend.

@oztea:

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

Lets say Germany attacks Poland. 8inf vs 4inf.
    Germany gets 2 hits. Russia gets two hits.

Now on Russias turn, those polish units don’t have to roll any dice if they don’t want to right?
    They can just sit?
    And on Germanys turn their units can just sit if you want.them to?

How do you keep track of this during your turn?

• Founder TripleA Admin

I corrected a mistake in the article and updated my thoughts about the land movement ambiguity.

• So hypothetically, after the first push in, no one has to ever roll to attack in that territory again?
    If both forces don’t have the necessary forces to want to attack. They both just trench up and can sit there?

• @oztea:

So hypothetically, after the first push in, no one has to ever roll to attack in that territory again?
    If both forces don’t have the necessary forces to want to attack. They both just trench up and can sit there?

Yep. Seems thematic to me too.

• It’ll be interesting. Like for example, Britain, France, and Germany are contesting Picardy. Germany has 18 inf 6 art, Britain 11 inf 3 art, and France 9 inf 5 art. Pretend they aren’t getting any reinforcements, or they’re all getting perfectly proportional reinforcements. Germany won’t attack because the Allies are too strong together, and the Allies can’t attack because separately they’re weaker than Germany!

I like this rule.

• Customizer

In essence, this is what the game is all about. Allies have to balance the advantages of mutual defence against the need for large one-nation forces in attack.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m