• Customizer

Yeah, these games never seem to have enough pieces. That’s why I pre-ordered two copies; one for the game itself and the second simply for extra pieces. I am hoping that will be enough.

• I’d  say, wait until you play the game a few times before you got about there not being enough pieces.

• This is ridiculous!
    Europe came with 610 pieces and Pac with at least 550. They were both 65$.
    Now we have to pay 65 for a game with 400 pieces. All the sculpts are the same except infantry.

I bought 42.2 for 42$ at CSI. The game had 410 pieces but each faction had their own sculpts.
    I don’t mind faction having same sculpt for each alliance. (In other A&A, uk and usa shared transports tanks and guns). But opposite factions having same art and same boats is a shame.

I’m not saying this game  is trash, in fact the new combat system representing trench warfare sounds really cool. But the price tag is ridiculous. I"m not ready to throw 65$ of my money for this. The price should be around 42.2 price. 40-50$ MAX! ( All of these above in US price. 1914 is selling for 85$  shipping not included, here in Canada.)

My point is that I am not ready to pay 65$ for this. But if someone gave it to me as a gift I would play and surely enjoy it for sure.
    (Sorry for bad English fell free to correct me if my mistakes are too painful for your eyes)

• This is ridiculous!
    Europe came with 610 pieces and Pac with at least 550. They were both 65$.

Yea back in 1997…. What they have a price freeze even though costs have run up?

• I will be putting these up as auctions.  Probably start a set at $3.99.  I’ll know for sure when I get my first copy of the game and get a count of everything.

@Hitlers:

@boboshonda:

I will be selling sets of pieces on eBay once I get the games. � Keep a look out for them. � I will also be selling the game boards and extras for those that do not care about using pieces from other games to play. � Usually a good way to get the game and set up charts and instructions without pieces for a lower price.

What price would you be selling them for and can I place an order right now?

• Yea back in 1997…. What they have a price freeze even though costs have run up?

I was talking about europe 1940 2nd edition and pac 1940 second edition

• For anyone interested, I hope to have my first sets up for sale on eBay tonight or tomorrow.

• @texasranger97:

This is ridiculous! Europe came with 610 pieces and Pac with at least 550. They were both 65$.
    Now we have to pay 65 for a game with 400 pieces. All the sculpts are the same except infantry.

I suspect that this is all part of a WotC master plan to set up a second edition for 2014.  “Buy the A&A WWI 1914 Centennial Edition!  Contains more pieces!  Contains all-new nation-specific sculpts!  Contains brand-new unit types!”

• @CWO:

@texasranger97:

This is ridiculous! Europe came with 610 pieces and Pac with at least 550. They were both 65$.

I suspect that this is all part of a WotC master plan to set up a second edition for 2014.  “Buy the A&A WWI 1914 Centennial Edition!  Contains more pieces!  Contains all-new nation-specific sculpts!  Contains brand-new unit types!”

Flash forward: August 2014. While in my local gaming shop I notice the Centennial Edition of Axis and Allies 1914. Fiddlesticks, I say. I bought last year’s model. Holding my head up high, I leave the store, having purchased a GMT cardboard counter game, just to make the point.

Later that week, my two copies of Axis and Allies 1914 Centennial Edition arrive, ordered from CSI at 3am after waking up in a cold sweat, furious with myself for not having bought it when I saw it. The GMT Game rulebook lies in splendid isolation on the coffee table, the cardboard counters unpunched. :oops:

• Customizer

To make absolutely certain of our cash, they just need to change the map.

Minor historical corrections to Prussia-Livonia and Bulgaria-Aegean perhaps, though if I could make just one change it’d be to the Caucasus region, with Sevastopol being divided west/east with Caucasus as a new tt, and Mesopotamia north/south with the new tt of Armenia.

• Customizer

You don’t think dividing up Sevastapol would make it harder for the Ott’s to threaten Russia?

Although, it does bother me like hell that Russia can attack through the Caucases and threaten the Eastern Front from the same territory.

• Customizer

Consider both changes in combination: Turkish units in Caucasus would be better protected from the other Eastern Front tts; Russia might have to strip Ukraine to deal with it, otherwise the Turks could threaten Moscow.

Also, the Brits taking out Mesopotamia from the Gulf/Persia cuts off Turkey in that direction altogether; Armenia would remain a route through.

Caucasus.PNG

• Auctions for extra pieces are up on eBay.  Just search “Axis and Allies 1914” and you should find them.  Thanks.

• Customizer

I can only find 3 boxed games, no pieces.

Might put my 2 light brown Russian fighters up there, don’t know yet if they’re unique…

• …so what is this fuss about not enough pieces, it was just enough for set-up and thats good enough, you dont need to purchase the piece you are short just to provoce. If you are short of infantry, just buy a battleship, problem solved

• @Razor:

…so what is this fuss about not enough pieces, it was just enough for set-up and thats good enough, you dont need to purchase the piece you are short just to provoce. If you are short of infantry, just buy a battleship, problem solved

Very funny.

Looks like I am breaking into my old Revised set for a few extra Infantry/subs, and I’ll combine my chip counters with 1942 2nd edition.  Sounds like everything else is fine.

• I like this Revised map ;)

May I suggest to split Hedjaz from Transjordan :D

• Customizer

Done it on my own map:

Axis&Allies1914FullFlashMap2.PNG

• Customizer

Why the hell don’t they just sell the damn pieces? Everyone knows the reason these games cost is the paper-based componets. They could sell boosters all day long at a profit.

• It is indeed crowded in small spaces and the pieces are fewer than practically needed,

so my son and I in our 1st game, put down dice, or a die if you insist,

with the # of infantry or additional infantry showing.

It’s a good problem solver.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m