• Customizer

Expansion pack: as well as the new units, we should get enough extra originals to cover all shortages found in playing; Germany will surely need more than 4 subs in some games.

• @Flashman:

Expansion pack: as well as the new units, we should get enough extra originals to cover all shortages found in playing; Germany will surely need more than 4 subs in some games.

Is this official or is this a wish list?

• As IL will tell you, they don’t and never will do Expansion packs.  You have to buy a whole other game.

• @BJCard:

As IL will tell you, they don’t and never will do Expansion packs.  You have to buy a whole other game.

If I were to call customer support and ask them for more, could I get more like what I had to do for Pacific 1940?

• I bet they would only do it if there were not enough pieces for the initial setup, ala Pacific 1940.  I doubt they make that mistake again.

• I’d like to make it clear that this game is not total garbage, but it’s looking more and more like it’s hugely overpriced. This has no business being above the 1942 2e MSRP.

• If your lookin to add some peices here and there then im sure HBG will be selling them at some point…so u can just add what u need

• How they can charge so much for so few units I will never know.

There should be at least double that, I mean how many parts did Europe 1940 have?

• Perhaps some stores will ignore the MSRP and sell it for less. Considering CSI is selling the preorder for $65, they have to still be making a profit.

I bet other stores could offer it at 10% or 20% off as a special.

• I will be selling sets of pieces on eBay once I get the games.  Keep a look out for them.  I will also be selling the game boards and extras for those that do not care about using pieces from other games to play.  Usually a good way to get the game and set up charts and instructions without pieces for a lower price.

• I will be looking Bobo I shop on ebay a lot and I was thinking the same thing about these pieces as well. 6 fighters and 6 subs should have been what you got with this game. Typical Wizards of the Cheap move.

• My only thought is that with so many countries in a small area of the world, you may not need more than 4 tanks, 4 planes, 4 subs, etc.  I mean, how many territories will you have a stack of units in with tanks and/or planes?  As Germany, probably no more than 2 on the west front and 2 on the east?  Would you have tanks and planes in all four of these and then try and build more?  I would probably try and protect my tanks/planes and have a single stack on each front with one or two of each on their way to the front.

Other than Germany, I doubt you’d use more than two tank or plane sculpts.

As far as subs go, who will buy more than a couple of them other than Germany?  As Germany I’d probably use them in wolfpacks anyway- also some to attack Allied ships.  How many separate sea zones will you have German subs?

Than again, I haven’t played the game yet- just speculating that we may have enough sculpts-  Tanks and Planes were not as widespread as in WWII - in addition to the smaller map than we are used to with AA1940 Global.

• @boboshonda:

I will be selling sets of pieces on eBay once I get the games. � Keep a look out for them. � I will also be selling the game boards and extras for those that do not care about using pieces from other games to play. � Usually a good way to get the game and set up charts and instructions without pieces for a lower price.

What price would you be selling them for and can I place an order right now?

• And there is this crazy guy who sells literally hundreds of pieces. I have no idea what he is doing because he never runs out of these 200 piece “lots”.

His name is RandyWayne something. I picture his house is full of pieces to the ceiling and he just swims in pieces to move around. And i am not kidding that is no embellishment.

• Hahaha! IL that was the best visual picture ever. The only nations that will need pieces are Germany, UK, and Austria

• He has been selling these lots for at least 2 years constantly. I don’t even think he has a job except this…LOL

• For this reason I always just buy 2 copies of all the AA games: AA41, AA42, AAP40, AAE40, and now AA1914.  They have NEVER made enough pieces through the years.  You are always short a few pieces.  It sucks but that’s the way it is.

• '16

I’ll just wait until HBG has the individual A&A 1914 pieces for sale. By then, I’m sure I’ll know how many pieces of what unit and for which country are “missing.”

• Customizer

Yeah, these games never seem to have enough pieces. That’s why I pre-ordered two copies; one for the game itself and the second simply for extra pieces. I am hoping that will be enough.

• I’d  say, wait until you play the game a few times before you got about there not being enough pieces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m