• Customizer

An idea which just might make it into a future official version. The big deal is that America gets to be in the war properly from the start.

Start date May 1917

The first Russian Revolution has occurred, but really makes little difference to the military situation. So continue using RR rules as normal.

America is at war, so we’ll assume that Germany has already declared USW.

Territorial changes are surprisingly few; I’d say they were:

Assume all aligned neutrals have been activated.

The only non-aligned neutrals violated are:

Persia: contested Turkey & Russia/Britain

Greece: contested Britain/France & Germany(Greeks)

Other tts not under original control:

Picardy & Lorraine: contested France & Germany (BEF in Picardy)

Belgium: German occupied

Poland: German occupied

Livonia & Belarus: contested Russia & Germany

Romania: contested Russia & Austria

Serbia: Austrian occupied

Albania: contested Italy & Austria

Togoland & Kamerun: French occupied

SW Africa: British occupied

Galicia: contested Austria & Russia

Mesopotamia & Trans-Jordan: contested Turkey & Britain (poss Russians in Armenia?)

America gets its draft of X infantry, but only the regular 20 IPCs to spend.

Tanks are available, probably only B & F have any just yet.

Fighters should be up to 3-3 by this stage.

Heavy bombers should just be coming on line for both sides.

Edit: Or possibly consider July 1st 1917 as the start date: in something of an A&A tradition the game begins with a Russian great summer offensive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerensky_Offensive

• I like it.  I may just do a 1917 scenario.  Would be an interesting dynamic with the CPs not having to deal with Russia (for the most part); the war would really be one long western front.

• Customizer

Russia is still in the war in Summer 1917; like I say the scenario could start with tehr big Russian summer offensive on July 1st.

Spring 1918 would be after the Bolsheviks have pulled Russia out of the war.

• @Flashman:

Russia is still in the war in Summer 1917; like I say the scenario could start with tehr big Russian summer offensive on July 1st.

Spring 1918 would be after the Bolsheviks have pulled Russia out of the war.

Fair enough, don’t know WWI history that well yet.  I think it could be good though if you do a late war scenario with countries having access to better weapons.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m