• @RogertheShrubber:

Germany’s Norwegian campaign.  The Norwegians resisted German invasion the longest outside of the Soviets.

Funny you never hear about this in the states.  Only heard of the French resistance and the Polish uprisings.  Always thought if I were in the German army of WWII I’d want to be stationed in Norway.  Less chance of death.

• Alternate History film about “Operation Downfall”

Or The fall of Berlin

• @empireman:

Alternate History film about “Operation Downfall”

Or The fall of Berlin

Yes, Operation Downfall would be good.  Although it may be made into a propaganda piece showing how horrible it would have been to both the Allies and Japanese (vice the atomic bombings).

• Whats Operation Downfall?

• @aequitas:

Whats Operation Downfall?

The plan to invade Japan if it hadn’t surrendered after the A-bomb attacks.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

German invasion of the US would be way cooler.

Call it “Black Dawn”. ;)

• Yea that would be really different. They did make a movie about German occupied England. Why not except it would glorify Hitler so probably a bad move.

• @BJCard:

@RogertheShrubber:

Germany’s Norwegian campaign.  The Norwegians resisted German invasion the longest outside of the Soviets.Â

Funny you never hear about this in the states.  Only heard of the French resistance and the Polish uprisings.  Always thought if I were in the German army of WWII I’d want to be stationed in Norway.  Less chance of death.

A movie based on the Battle of Narvik that was made similar to A Bridge To Far, would be awesome. That battle see-sawed back and forth. All the different nationalities fighting, close-quaters naval battles, what’s not to like.

• @Imperious:

They did make a movie about German occupied England.

Another movie along those lines is “Went the Day Well?”, made in 1942. It depicts a German unit (disguised as British soldiers) taking over a small English town in preparation for a major German landing.  It’s an astonishingly tough and unflinching look at the brutal things that war can involve (on both sides).  The movie has some resemblance to the plot of The Eagle has Landed (1976), but I think the 1942 film is more genuinely frightening than the 1976 one.

• Wow. Thank you for that Marc.
    Again, I must have seen it and the title rings a bell, but I cannot bring it to mind.

Back to Worsham’s original question, I think I would remake a Bismarck story.

• Well, in order to sell well in the US you have to have Americans in it.  The movie ‘Enemy at the Gates’ (good movie) wasn’t nearly as popular here as ‘Saving Private Ryan.’

To make a quality movie on such a grand scale you have to spend money, and to spend money you have to be able to prove you will make a lot of money.

Then again, if you aren’t trying to make money, then all this is bunk.

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Inferno:_1945
    This would be a awesome movie

• Customizer

Guys,

––A movie that I’d enjoy seeing would be a biography of the complete life of “Chesty” Puller. With a large emphasis on his combat experience from the “Banana Wars” to the many brutal Pacific campaigns, including Peleilu and his heroic Korean experience. He is the only recipient ever of five Navy Crosses, one which should have been a Medal of Honor if not for “politics”. It could be called: “Chesty” Puller, a Marine’s Marine!

“Tall Paul”

• Would like to watch a film adaptation of Guy Sajer’s book The Forgotten Soldier.  Although it is a really great book, and a film would have a difficult time doing it justice.

• '10

@Tall:

Guys,

––A movie that I’d enjoy seeing would be a biography of the complete life of “Chesty” Puller. With a large emphasis on his combat experience from the “Banana Wars” to the many brutal Pacific campaigns, including Peleilu and his heroic Korean experience. He is the only recipient ever of five Navy Crosses, one which should have been a Medal of Honor if not for “politics”. It could be called: “Chesty” Puller, a Marine’s Marine!

“Tall Paul”

Amen Tall Paul. Semper Fi

• Well you could just get a British Bulldog and add a helmet… same thing as Puller.

You could have Japanese running around screaming with that Bulldog clamped on the seat of their pants.

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239241/Hero-RAF-pilot-Ken-Gatward-dropped-French-flag-Arc-Triomphe-Nazi-occupied-Paris.html

I posted this story Nov 29th.

I mentioned that this would be a perfect story for Steven S. or done in a Tarantino style.

I wish I had already bought the movie rights. If this is ever made into a movie, I would settle for a spot with the directors/producers at the world premier.

• '10

@Imperious:

Well you could just get a British Bulldog and add a helmet… same thing as Puller.

You could have Japanese running around screaming with that Bulldog clamped on the seat of their pants.

Chesty never gained that high of a rank!

• Customizer

@Fishmoto37:

@Imperious:

Well you could just get a British Bulldog and add a helmet… same thing as Puller.

Chesty never gained that high of a rank!

Guys,

––While “Chesty” Puller only attained the the rank of Lieutenant General, 3 stars,…I wouldn’t DARE to try and take 2 stars away from either “Chesty”, or that cute, little Bulldog!!!  :-D

“Tall Paul”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I would take chesty 1 on 1.

So long as I get a bayonet on my flamethrower!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m