Is internatioal woman's day sexist?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well?

Is Intertnational women’s day a good idea?  Or stupid and sexist?

• Why would it be sexist?

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Given the political topics that you bring up on this board Garg, I have a new recomendation for your signature:

“Y’all don’t know what it’s like, being male middle-class and white.”

• LMAO!

What does this have to do with being middle class? or white?

If your comment was in regards to how I am MALE, I could obviously agree with you… but it doesn’t?

Perhaps for you two we could create an international low IQ day? ;)

Whatever happens, I hope no one else catches Heppsititus.

@Hepps01:

Why would it be sexist?Â

It’s sexist because it isn’t international EQUALITY day.

It’s all about promoting one sex, perhaps at the expense of another.

• '12

we could create an international low IQ day?

Pret near every day on the roads around here….

• Garg, I can’t wait til Mother’s day comes around.  I look forward to that pointless thread when it does.

How is it you manage to get out of bed in the morning when so many innocuous things threaten you to the core?

• Garg, I can’t wait til Mother’s day comes around.  I look forward to that pointless thread when it does.

How is it you manage to get out of bed in the morning when so many innocuous things threaten you to the core?

:-D Exactly!

• Garg, you’re going about the whole getting people to take the red pill thing the wrong way. However…

International Women’s Day is a perfect example of feminist irony. The irony which they are unable to see.

Here is another stunning example.

@Canuck12:

Given the political topics that you bring up on this board Garg, I have a new recomendation for your signature:

“Y’all don’t know what it’s like, being male middle-class and white.”

Can’t say I’m not a little angry too.

• '12

Very interesting article Frimmel.

It is important to read the footnotes however.

In this and the previous article on the Ryerson matter, I conflated Ryerson Student Union (RSU) with Ryerson University, which are two separate entities.  The efforts to censor the discussion of men’s issues emanate solely from RSU and not Ryerson University.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Very interesting article Frimmel.

It is important to read the footnotes however.

In this and the previous article on the Ryerson matter, I conflated Ryerson Student Union (RSU) with Ryerson University, which are two separate entities.  The efforts to censor the discussion of men�s issues emanate solely from RSU and not Ryerson University.

That is a correction. It does not negate the fact that women in charge of a student group with not inconsequential authority passed a rule denying misandry because women don’t have a voice. If that isn’t irony on a base level, I really wasted my time in literature class. Women are the majority of students at Ryerson and in college and university overall.

• '12

Ironic indeed.  Let’s hope it’s an immature attitude but I fear it is not.

Women are the majority of students at Ryerson and in college and university overall.

That statistic has been true for awhile.  It depends of course on the program wg.  Sadly computer science has not changed much.  I recently took a few 4th year courses at Brock, machine learning and a specific 4th year comp sci math course.  3 girls between the two courses where the class size was 20 and 25 students.  So 42 males versus 3 females.  Comp Sci is atypical of classroom makeups by gender, I was seriously thinking of taking a woman’s study course just to get female exposure.  The girlfriend did not see the merit in that!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Women’s day is discriminatory against men.  If they are going to have it they should also have “Men’s day”, but that would leave out the transgener people so they would need a “transgender day”, or they could just have a single “International Person’s Day” for all of us to share.  Either way, it should be PAID HOLIDAY  :-)

There actually is a “mens” day, except that no one celebrates it… there’s no media… and it doesn’t get rammed down everyone’s throat.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Gargantua:

There actually is a “mens” day, except that no one celebrates it… there’s no media… and it doesn’t get rammed down everyone’s throat.

Are you really interested in celebrating a day by having men rammed down your throat Garg?

I must have had you pegged wrong this whole time…

• '12

I would say I am a bit worried that somebody is pegging Garg, but Trudeau had it right when he said to “Stay out of peoples bedrooms”.  Each to their own!

@Canuck12:

@Gargantua:

Are you really interested in celebrating a day by having men rammed down your throat Garg?

I must have had you pegged wrong this whole time…

LOL!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

If gay people have pride week, then us straight white guys should have our own week too.  Call it “Shame Week”.

I’ve got it.

White History YEAR!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m