Axis and Allies 1914 FAQ/Question and Answer Thread

• Customizer

Yes, turn 4.

So you have to declare the intention of landing before movement.

What if there were only transports in the SZ? Does the landing still make the SZ hostile for the purposes of mines?

The reason I asked is that I was thinking about making Italy neutral on turn one, which would have allowed the Austrian fleet to sail into SZ17 without combating the Italian fleet, then land units in Libya. Evidently not allowed.

@Krieghund:

I assume you mean turn 4, as no German transport could reach sea zone 1 on turn 3.  The declared amphibious assault would make the sea zone hostile, forcing Germany to roll for mines and fight a sea battle.

• Can enemy subs pass through the Suez?

• @Texas:

Can enemy subs pass through the Suez?

No.  If the Allies hold Egypt, no CP ships, including subs may pass through.  Vice versa if the CP hold Egypt.

• @Aristokles:

@Texas:

Can enemy subs pass through the Suez?

No.  If the Allies hold Egypt, no CP ships, including subs may pass through.  Vice versa if the CP hold Egypt.

That is how it reads, but it doesn’t make any sense.  I was hoping it was a rule book omission.  Also, it is closed to everyone if Egypt is contested.  Which I think it should be open to everyone at that point.

• Official Q&A

Page 14 has been updated with the rule change regarding land units beginning the turn in contested territories:

Land units that begin the turn in contested territories can only be moved to territories that at the beginning of the turn were either controlled by your power or contained units belonging to your power.  (They can also remain at sea if moved by transport.)

• ok so when a multinational force defends in a contested territory that is not a original territory to any of the defending forces and they defeat the attacking force…which defending power gets the ipc’s?this is a territory that is not originally controlled by any of the defending  forces.

• @tytyboogie:

ok so when a multinational force defends in a contested territory that is not a original territory to any of the defending forces and they defeat the attacking force…which defending power gets the ipc’s?this is a territory that is not originally controlled by any of the defending  forces.

The defenders decide who takes it, if they can’t the attacker chooses for them.

• Hi  :lol:

I have another small question,
    First turn: with AH i attack serbia with one infantry, well… The serbian( 3 infantry 1 artillery from russia) units kill my infantry and remain in the territory.
    Now on the russian turn can i move these units as if they were russian or not?

Ty

• @Panz3r:

Hi  :lol:

I have another small question,
    First turn: with AH i attack serbia with one infantry, well… The serbian( 3 infantry 1 artillery from russia) units kill my infantry and remain in the territory.
    Now on the russian turn can i move these units as if they were russian or not?

Ty

Yes

• On the same note, this is why France usually activates Albania, because Italy can then control the new Albanian troops on their turn and either attack with them or move them off via transport.

• Are you allowed to build if your capitol is contested?

• Customizer

Yes.

• I think I know the answer (No) but just to be sure:

Is it allowed to ship austrian units from contested Triest to hostile but empty Venice?

• Official Q&A

Not unless you load them on one turn and then wait until the next turn to do the amphibious assault.

• My fleet is in a seazone containing an enemy minefield which it survived. Then the next turn my transport move out of this seazone, pick up troops from the bordering seazone and moves back into the same seazone, which still contains my other ships, to offload them. Do i have to face the minefield again?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Thanks for the answer Krieghund! Here is another one:

Am I allowed to use a fighter from a contested tt for an attack in a tt that didnt contained units of my power at the begining of my turn?

• Official Q&A

Yes, as long as you are also attacking with infantry.  Fighters are not subject to the same movement restrictions that land units are.

• Sponsor

Can I land a fighter in contested territory?

• @Mountaineer:

Can I land a fighter in contested territory?

Yes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m