Strategic/Tactical Bombingof Naval Bases in Great Britain

• Naval bases assist in naval defence by firing AA on the first round of combat when enemy aircraft are present.  This advantage can be removed if the enemy succesfully conducts a bombing raid of the naval base (3 or more damage).  Given that naval bases defend adjoining waters, is it considered an attack on the mainland of Great Britain for Germany to bomb an English naval base?  i.e. would attacking the naval base in either sea zone 15, 23, or 24 be considered a German attack on the English mainland?  I am unsure as the naval bases provide AA defences to sea zones, not land zones.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Good Question…

Also, this attack wouldn’t preempt another attack on the same turn preventing AA fire.

The defender will always have a chance to repair his facility, on his turn, and SBR damage would be added at the end of the round.

• The current rules allow for strategic and tactical bombing damage to have an immediate effect.  For example, in land battles, one can use a strategic bomber to hit an AA gun in a territory being attacked by ground troops and planes.  If the strategic bomber is not shot down by the AA, the AA is taken out and the land battle can proceed with no AA defence.  The same logic would apply to naval bases.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Moose11:

The current rules allow for strategic and tactical bombing damage to have an immediate effect.  For example, in land battles, one can use a strategic bomber to hit an AA gun in a territory being attacked by ground troops and planes.  If the strategic bomber is not shot down by the AA, the AA is taken out and the land battle can proceed with no AA defence.  The same logic would apply to naval bases.

This is total news to me???

I can’t find it in the rules…  anyone care to clarify?

• I think he means in that bombing raids happen first then normal combat.

So yes in a way it is true, he just makes it sound like it happens at the same time.

• You can find it on Pages 9 and 10.  Strategic bombing raids occur before combat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m