2013 POLL: What Axis & Allies Games do you play?

• Ok guys and gals, we need a new poll for 2013- Which games have you played in the last 5 years? (count AA1914 if you intend on buying & playing it this year)

• Bloody hell: that is 13 games for me!

• '10

I also play Global 1939 on Tigerman’s map. Also Improved BotB on IL’s larger map. Also Barbarossa on Tigerman’s map from HBG. I plan to create a battle of Kursk game on ToI map tiles using axis and Russian units that I been using with Barbarossa. But I better quit here because this is all top secret stuff!

• '12

Anniversary, 1942 2nd Ed., and a bit of TripleA for me. Otherwise, I play some “homebrew” A&A up in Laval and I’m eying my un-played Europe 1940 like a sandwich waiting to be eaten.

Yrs.,
    R.

• @Fishmoto37:

I plan to create a battle of Kursk game on ToI map tiles using axis and Russian units that I been using with Barbarossa. But I better quit here because this is all top secret stuff!

I would love to know how that  goes!
    Can I ask if it will be a short campaign(like D-Day), or to the end of the war?

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Raymond:

Anniversary, 1942 2nd Ed., and a bit of TripleA for me. Otherwise, I play some “homebrew” A&A up in Laval and I’m eying my un-played Europe 1940 like a sandwich waiting to be eaten.

Yrs.,
    R.

How do I get in on that game in Laval? It is a crying shame that your Europe 40 board has never been played…

• '10

@wittmann:

@Fishmoto37:

I plan to create a battle of Kursk game on ToI map tiles using axis and Russian units that I been using with Barbarossa. But I better quit here because this is all top secret stuff!

I would love to know how that  goes!
    Can I ask if it will be a short campaign(like D-Day), or to the end of the war?

Yes it will be a short campaign. But not anything like D-Day! We gave up on D-Day long ago. Kursk will be more like the barbarossa game that we are currently play testing. I will say this. I will start setting up the map as soon as we finish the Barbarossa game. (One more session probably next week) Thirty ToI tiles will fit nicely under a 36x72 piece of fiberglass. The actual size of the map will be 64.5 inches long by 37.5 inches wide. If you have ever seen photos of ToI games you will notice gaps between the tiles as they cannot be kept from moving. The fiberglass should prevent this. I will post photos on “Other AA Varients” as testing progresses. By the way, the AA plastic sculpts should work better scale wise with a ToI map than the plastic units that come with the game. The terrain printed on ToI maps is really great. Plus with the overlay tiles the options are endless. Enough for now.

• '12

@Canuck12:

@Raymond:

Yrs.,
    R.

How do I get in on that game in Laval? It is a crying shame that your Europe 40 board has never been played…

It is a shame. Our group has been learning and “digesting” Anniversary Edition, but we’re now playing it pretty quickly and I think we’re just about ready to step up the complexity to Europe 40.

And how do you get in on that Laval game? Step one would be to move to the area. Are you still in Vancouver?

Yrs.,
    R.

• 2013 Black Axis and Hawk Allies for me.

• Thank you Fishmoto.
    I wish you luck. I would love a Kursk with my Panthers and Tigers.

• Man all this and no comments about the poll?  I thought it was a little funny…

• i also play online at gamesbyemail.com

• '10

@BJCard:

Man all this and no comments about the poll?�  I thought it was a little funny…

There have been polls like this in the past. Dont get discouraged, maybe the lack of interest is due to that. Noticed that D-Day is right up there with global in the voting. Did not care for D-Day myself.

• I like it for being a great 2 man game and only takes 3 hours to play. Just wish it had  advanced pieces, trucks, some supply tokens and some planes for Germany and bunch of better rules or some good tweaks.

• @SS:

I like it for being a great 2 man game and only takes 3 hours to play. Just wish it had  advanced pieces, trucks, some supply tokens and some planes for Germany and bunch of better rules or some good tweaks.

You are really just talking about BOTB

• Ya,  but I like the board and set up more on D day.

• '12

I wasn’t going to comment but positive feedback should not be withheld.  The choices were pretty amusing especially the one about the original Nova version, I wish I still had mine.  Had the question been “ever” and not “last 5 years” I would have been honoured to check that one.  I guess I really am getting old!  Say that to me at the gym after an hour sonny!  :wink:

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I wasn’t going to comment but positive feedback should not be withheld.  The choices were pretty amusing especially the one about the original Nova version, I wish I still had mine.  Had the question been “ever” and not “last 5 years” I would have been honoured to check that one.  I guess I really am getting old!  Say that to me at the gym after an hour sonny!   :wink:

True, I could have checked off a few more myself if the question was ‘ever,’  but I was more curious as to what games are still being played, and from the looks of it, most of them are, even the ones that are more than a decade old.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m