• I figure it was time to discuss Russian Fighters.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You know… that if you had the money, you can actually BUY and FLY one of these (most Migs) all over north america and elsewhere.

The only restriction is that you can’t arm it.

• I always thought the 21 was the prettiest as a child, but loving speed, the 25 got my attention too.
    Never had time for the WW2 ones: German planes were my thing.

• @Gargantua:

You know… that if you had the money, you can actually BUY and FLY one of these (most Migs) all over north america and elsewhere.

The only restriction is that you can’t arm it.

That would be so awesome.

Our local municipal airport houses a Su-25 that is flown from time to time.

• '10

Why do I need to have a favorite Mig? Oh well, if I must I will pick the Mig 15. When it first appeared on the world scene (Korea) it was superior to all straight wing jets. It stopped the B-29 raids on N. Korea until the F-86 was fully operational for combat. That was kind of a big deal to me when I was a kid. That was the time in my life when I was making plastic aircraft models. Yes, we had those way back in the early 50s.

• The MiG-31 on your list is presumably the real MiG-31 Foxhound, but my own favourite would be the fictitious MiG-31 Firefox from the Clint Eastwood movie of the same name.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Fishmoto37:

Why do I need to have a favorite Mig? Oh well, if I must I will pick the Mig 15. When it first appeared on the world scene (Korea) it was superior to all straight wing jets. It stopped the B-29 raids on N. Korea until the F-86 was fully operational for combat. That was kind of a big deal to me when I was a kid. That was the time in my life when I was making plastic aircraft models. Yes, we had those way back in the early 50s.

You guys had WHEELS wheels back in the stone age??!?! ;)

• '10

@Gargantua:

@Fishmoto37:

Not only that, but we had aircraft with metal skin also.

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@Gargantua:

@Fishmoto37:

�  Not only that, but we had aircraft with metal skin also.

We also had steel wheels with rubber tires mounted on them that were held up with nothing but air. And also we had some really big WHEELS like Ike, MacArthur, Marshall and well the list is long. I think I made a humor. I like Ike!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m