• There was also that one that took much needed supplies to Tanzania, but had to be recalled. Maybe they could have the ability to transport one artillery at the expense of being able to bomb, maybe only once per game too.
    That does speak to their range though.

Also I must point out, though clearly not up the snuff like the German ones, I read Austria Hungary had 6 airships itself (earlier models though, probably unfit for combat.) so perhaps in alternate history Austria Hungary could buy one or two.

• And of course no discussion of Zeppelins would be complete without this classic Monty Python sketch, the best part of which lasts from 1:18 to 3:00 in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQyrd1BwusQ

• What abut a rule, that doesn’t really need a zeppelin sculp, like:
    “At the Beginning of the Combat phase the German player can decide to make a Zeppelin Attack on a single Entante Capital.
    If there are Airplanes in the territory he has choosen he has to roll a dice to indicate if the Zeppelin slipped through the defenses. 1-3 slipped through; 4-6 shot down.
    After that, or if there were no airplanes a step further, he rolls a dice to indicate how much damage if any the zeppelin causes. 1-3 damage caused, amount as rolled; 4-6 target missed.”

• If it were up to me I’d have Zepplins A/D at 1/2,be able to stat bomb at half values and when taking part in dogfights take two hits to down. Are there AA guns in this one does anyone know?

• OK  German only

Cost 10 IPCs

Attacks on 5/6                  Reduces IPC’s by 1 for each hit.
                                          Can target infantry and armor on “tactical” missions.
                                          Can be attacked only by fighters on IPC bombing missions or by fighters and artillery on “tactical” bombing

Takes 2 damage; removes damage like a battleship removes

Range 6

Ideas Criticisms Comments

I’d really like to get this one right.

My game will have zeppelins!

• Customizer

Presumably, unlike fighters, they can return to base after a mission.

I would give them a range of 8, so that a Zep can bomb London from Germany.

They could bomb Canada from Brest.

They could even bomb Washington from Spain.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m