• Hi there,

The site is very impressive.

What’s the story with PBEM? Is it possible without the CD? Will you be setting up a play facility on the site?

• @The:

What’s the story with PBEM? Is it possible without the CD?

PBEM does not require any CD or registration of any kind.

You do need MapView (http://www.motcreations.com) and the A&A module.

• Please describe Hitler’s War-I’ve never even heard of it.

• Hitlers War is a Hex based game set in the Western Theatre. Just the Sovs, Brits, Germans Yanks play. There are five scenarios you can play. The first is just Operation Barbarossa with just two sides and only involves inf and tanks but by the fifth scenario you’re pretty much playing the whole war and you can buy all sorts of goodies from marines for amphibious assaults all the way up to the Bomb.

All the European countries are involved and places like Italy and Bulgaria can go either way. Moral is also a factor.

The main differance is the combat. Apart from regular combat you caqn also cut an army off from supply. Supply comes from production points dotted around the board. Also there is a lot less dice action with matters resolved by one dice per hex and a look at the firepower chart.

I think Avalon Hill make it.

• Sounds interesting, I’m always on the lookout for new games. But it’s a hew game, does it have a massive rule book? :)

• I would consider it massive but the idea is you play it scenario by scenario and the additional variations build up as a matter of course. I haven’t played it really but I reckon if you were au fait with A&A you could skip stages if you wanted.

According to the box, its been around since 1984 but I don’t know if they discontinued it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m