• Long story short, I am the only player in my group willing to control the most heavily naval countries, US and Japan. But seeing as I can’t exactly play both at the same time in OOB rules, we want to try alternate balanced-ish teams with Japan and US on the same side. At least until our two new players can handle a full on global game…any ideas for new alliances?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

France and Anzac Vs the world.

How many turns they can make it is the key. ;)

Germany/Russia/UK would be interesting.

• I think Russia UK Germany might be too overpowered seeing as US bonus income would disappear without national objectives. France and Italy would be crushed so it’d be US Japan Anzac China

• UK, Italy, germany

or

UK, germany, anzak

with these you can keep all the NOs, and might keep the turn of global war

china would either be able to leave china, or be on UKs side. you can chose for balance issues

• '17

How about,

Axis: Germany, France, Italy, USSR, China
    VS
    Allies: US, UK, ANZAC, and Japan

This would roughly equate to Land Powers vs Sea Powers.  It’s a fairly even swap IPC-wise.

You would need new political rules and victory conditions.

• I’m leaning towards something like what kruezfeld suggested. Kind of a Europe vs Pacific map, with the exception of China and France

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@wheatbeer:

How about,

VS

This would roughly equate to Land Powers vs Sea Powers.  It’s a fairly even swap IPC-wise.

Good luck to UK here!  :-D

• My brother, father and myself sometimes play a 3 sided game. Germany, France, Italy vs USA, Great Britain, ANZAC vs Russia, China, Japan. We let china build anything it wants. we make shanghai its capital and give it a major there and a minor in manchuria.

• @Omega1759:

@wheatbeer:

How about,

VS

With US 100% atlantic and japan goin hard on russia, its not too bad.

• '17

@Omega1759:

That’s why I noted the need for new political rules (most likely allowing the US to DOW whenever it wants).

Also keep in mind that Germany won’t get a boost from sacking Paris anymore.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

It would be fun to start with the global setup and see what tweaks would be needed to balance this Land Versus Sea game.  What would you do with the neutrals, and what kind of victory conditions would there be?

• '17

@variance:

It would be fun to start with the global setup and see what tweaks would be needed to balance this Land Versus Sea game.  What would you do with the neutrals, and what kind of victory conditions would there be?

If you meant my scheme, I’m not 100% sure.

Maybe the land powers would need to secure all VC in continental Europe, Asia, and Africa (i.e. every one they start with plus Cairo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Calcutta. I’d have to play it to know if that were too easy. I don’t see land powers ever taking NSW, Tokyo, DC, or San Francisco though. If the US can DOW from the start, London could probably be made impenetrable too.

• Customizer

We tried something like that once. I think it was Germany, Italy, France, USSR and China against USA, Japan, UK and ANZAC. We had to alter the setup some, in fact I think we ended up giving UK a few more land units. I also came up with a new list of NOs for Russia, Germany and France got some too. It was cool seeing France stay in the game for a few rounds.

As for the neutrals, I think we just made them all strict neutrals and used neutral blocks (Europe, S America, Africa, Middle-East and Mongolia) so attacking one neutral doesn’t turn all other neutrals pro-other side, just the ones in that block.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m