GUys got a q what is the best unit?

• I agree with the fighter as best unit, but it’s hard to get a good force of them up and running (except perhaps as US)

• @wardog42:

As far as the best unit is concerned, I agree that each unit has a purpose. But the best multipurpose unit is the fighter. Attack at 3, defend at 4, can move 4 zones, can attack land & naval units, can land on a carrier to provide strong defense for your navy and when coupled with a large # of inf can be extremely effective on defense.

I agree … fighters are the MOST versatile – however, infantry are still the MOST important unit (cannon fodder).

• while i think fighters are great, they do have major drawbacks:

AA guns… these things are viscious…

Uncap… Airplanes cannot conquer territories on their own…

• Obe Wan Darth knows the power of the cc!!

I’d say infantry 6 to 1 over the armor. :wink: :wink:

And when my infantry outnumber ALL my opponents units,
    built and to be built next turn, its…

ARMOR ALL OUT!!

• 2007 AAR League

How about a poll to vote for either fighters, tanks, or infanry? I’ll set one up if you guys want me to.

• @UKcommander:

How about a poll to vote for either fighters, tanks, or infanry? I’ll set one up if you guys want me to.

I doubt it’s necessary.

• 2007 AAR League

O.k

• Infantry is the best. They defend at a 2 and cost only 3 IPC.
    You can buy them in mass.

• it all depends on the country in question. no one unit is best for all of them. but here’s my picks :) :

Russia: INF, sheer numbers can overwhelm the german war machine on a relentles march to berlin

Germany: Tanks/Armor, blitzkrieg, thats all there is to it

UK: trannies, i know it sounds stupid, but without them the UK can’t do much of anything

Japan: anything, japan needs all the help she can get on the mainland, it doesnt really matter what it is, just get units there quick

USA: Carrier w/ 2 Fighters, can we say smackdown?? they can obliterate japan’s navy while also serving to protect units in an amphib assault

now these are just my picks, they might not work for all your strats, so feel free to tweak them to work for you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m