FMGC 2013 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• '12

I had a great Saturday at the event, sadly I could not return Sunday.   I’m certainly getting a room next time.

This marks the second year walking into the place alone and feeling comfortable and welcome, what a great group of people!

Raymond, was a pleasure to meet you and your friends, thanks for asking me into your game within a minute of me entering.  I hope your crew returns next year, if so then for sure I am booking 2 nights so we can get into some more epic games!

Thanks to everyone who humoured me and played my 1980s classic Illuminati!

Surprise Attack, great seeing you again.

Garg, Axis playa and others who could not return from last year……you guys missed a great weekend!!!  Hope to see you next year!

• Great week end at the 420 wing!!!
    Thanks to all who made it happen, and thanks to all who made it there.
    See ya next year.
    Are there any pictures that can be posted?
    Tanks S.A.

• @suprise:

Great week end at the 420 wing!!!
    Thanks to all who made it happen, and thanks to all who made it there.
    See ya next year.
    Are there any pictures that can be posted?
    Tanks S.A.

We just uploaded 69 pictures to the FMGCon website (www.fmgcon.com) and Facebook page (facebook.com/FMGConvention)!

• Sponsor

Sadly I could only attend Saturday as my wife picked the worst weekend to catch the flu and needed me to nurse her back to health. Although there shouldn’t be any excuse to miss a day when living so close to the event, I should mention the enormous support she gives me for my incurable gaming addiction.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the annual friday pre-con game at the Cliffside Bunker. Surprise Attack, Burman, Ematic_decay, Loggins, Alain and myself had a blast. Thanks to everyone at the FMGC for putting on such a unique one of a kind gaming event.

I played R.O.E (awesome miniatures game) and had tons of fun despite my tank sustaining yet another direct hit (second year in a row) thanks to James from IWNGU. I got to play Ikusa for the first time and thought it was ok… but for me, the game I loved was “the resistance” (which everyone could tell because of how load I was shouting).

Can’t wait till next year when I hope to play 1940 Global with Raymond, allyouneedislove malachi, suprise attack, or anyone who is willing.

• '12

YG,

I think I’d be game next year, and I really feel like this weekend was A&A College. New techniques were found. Can’t wait to try them out on my home city squad.

Oh, and about the “hiccups”? I didn’t see any myself–only saw a great many very polite people. Was there a vicious dice-fight in the bathroom or something?

Yrs.,
    R.

• @Raymond:

Oh, and about the “hiccups”? I didn’t see any myself–only saw a great many very polite people. Was there a vicious dice-fight in the bathroom or something?

What happens at FMGCon stays at FMGCon!  ;)

The hiccups were mostly organizational (miscommunications between the various groups throughout the weekend causing some minor Staff chaos and issues) and definitely did not affect the participants enjoyment.

Although that period of an hour or so when the Cadets and their families were in for lunch was quite chaotic!

• @Young:

Sadly I could only attend Saturday as my wife picked the worst weekend to catch the flu and needed me to nurse her back to health. Although there shouldn’t be any excuse to miss a day when living so close to the event, I should mention the enormous support she gives me for my incurable gaming addiction.

Family first (as much as we’d rather be gaming)!

I played R.O.E (awesome miniatures game) and had tons of fun despite my tank sustaining yet another direct hit (second year in a row) thanks to James from IWNGU. I got to play Ikusa for the first time and thought it was ok… but for me, the game I loved was “the resistance” (which everyone could tell because of how load I was shouting).

Yeah … classic spy behavior if ever there was.

• Sponsor

lol… I played about 8 missions and was only the spy once, so I became experienced at weeding them out with audio tactics… lol.

• That was a good game for the bluffers who can be serious and a practical joker. I would do that between games for a break.

• '10

Thanks to all that came this year.  We are already working on the planning for 2014!!

Jeremy

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m