NOTHING TO DO IN THE PACIFIC :S

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

No one ever declares war on holland G1…  or G2… or frankly… G-ever.

And until Japan attacks the DEI.  There is absolutely NOTHING TO DO with FEC, or ANZAC in the pacific.

In fact, Australian transports tend to go to South America/Africa instead.

The DEI just sits neutral game after game… until the Japanese swarm the neutral ground in J5 or J6.

Are we the only ones seeing this problem?

I think after Paris falls, that all DEI territories should be become pro-allied.  Activated manually.  That would give the allies the boost they need in the pacific, and put pressure on Japan to act.  Otherwise… watching paint dry is more exciting than playing ANZAC.

• Hi,

Already posted, but

an other solution,

you can play, that The Dutch can produce with the half of its territory income (should be 18 [Holland + DEI]) in Holland.
    So The Dutch can Produce with 9 IPC’s. So if I were Germany, I would attack Holland as early as possible.
    The rest of Holland rules in 5.1 are ok.
    In the rules, you can read, that Holland is not a Pro-Allied, it is an Allied, so the Dutch navy can be used together with e.g. ANZAC Navy, but not for attack, but for Protection.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

• 3 inf a turn in Holland? Wow that’s not bad.

That also means +9 for germany if they capture Holland. I like that!

What about when the capital is captured though?  Do you roll for their navy (axis/scuttled/allied)?  or no… they just become allied instantly?

• Hi,

No, if Germany takes Holland it gets only the 2 IPC for Holland (IPC’s are lost to the bank), the DEI immediately taken over by FEC. But only the Income, not the troops. So the dutch infantry on the DEI can only defend. The dutch navy is, like all Dutch countries allied with UK (incl. Canada, South Africa, Anzac, FEC) and France since the beginnig of the game. Is not really historical accurate, I know.

So Japan is forced to attack the Dutch DEI or Germany gets a problem with Holland home Guard.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m