• This a neat little game that I picked up on Steam for about $10 and it was well worth it. It is a fairly standard tower defense game but it has a WW1 aesthetic, which is unique in its own right. What I really enjoy about the game is that if you want you can take command of any of the defense units you’ve built (like the vickers machine gun, or the famous model 1897 75mm cannon) and try to fend of the waves of attacking Germans (there is also a campaign where you can play as the Germans but I haven’t gotten to it yet). The game also have levels where you still have to defend your trenches from enemy infantry (and other WW1 era units) but will give you the ability to take over WW1 tanks and airplanes to aid you in doing so. I spent the majority of one level swooping and diving around the battlefield in a sopwith camel, strafing enemy infantry and (before I figured out the controls to drop bombs with it) I would Kamikaze enemy strong points and artillery to knock them out. It’s alot of fun and well worth a look.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/98300/

• I’ve had this game on Xbox Live for a while and it’s pretty good.  I think the sequel, which is set in the Cold War, is even better, namely because my son and I play split screen coop.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I bought this and it’s alot of fun!

That said, I was hoping it would be COOP… but I guess that’s what the 2nd one is for! I wonder if it’s on steam?

• @Gargantua:

I bought this and it’s alot of fun!

That said, I was hoping it would be COOP… but I guess that’s what the 2nd one is for! I wonder if it’s on steam?

Couldn’t tell ya…I know it had head to head though.

The second one is cheesy in an 80s way, but I think even more fun.  Same principle, but nicer bonuses for killstreaks, vehicles, and turrets.

• I thought this topic was about G.I Joes action figures. Lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m