If you have good luck, try this Russian strategy!!!

• This strategy requires large amounts of luck, but if you come through with it, it gives you a strong eastern front! This is for not Russia restricted.

Turn 1: Attack eastern europe with inf. in karelia, tanks from moscow, and both fighters. if you win, you prevent 3 more tanks from attacking karelia. Also attack ukraine ssr with 5inf from caucasus, and tank from karelia. Now that is not a sure win, but it will more than likely kill alll inf, and 1 or 2 tanks. Now attack navy in capital, with navy in karelia. Now if you took ukraine move 3 inf. from capital to karelia, and move 2 inf. from evenki natl okrug to capital.
    Now if you didn’t take ukraine, move 1 inf. from russia to caucasus and still move 3 inf. to karelia from capital and move 2 inf from evenki natl okrug to russia.
    Also move 2 inf, and tank from SFE to yakut.
    Buy 1 complex 3 infantry. Place infantry in karelia.

Now if the germans would take karelia, the americans and british can help take it back, but on your next turn you can help your allies with Japan! Please give me any feedback you may have!

• with the win in EEU, you would actually prevent 4 arm from attacking KAR (seu, ger, and eeu).
    Otherwise you had me until the complex purchase.
    Also with this, if the UK has a trn anywhere (which it might depending on where GER allocates its air, as you’ve presumably hurt its navy near Ger) it might hurt/take FIN.
    Mind you, i wouldn’t play a game without RR unless i had a bid of around 21-25 . . . .

• CC’s right, RR would eliminate this threat. although i have done something similar to this before. I send everything that can reach it into the Ukraine SSR. buy only INF for this turn. place them all in karelia and on R2 send everything into E/Eur, buy only tanks on R2. this gives you quite a strikeforce into Germany on R3. and while you may only hold it for 1 turn, Germany has no $$ and you have extra to keep buying tanks to retake it quickly.

• I don’t mean to be rude or anything but what is the point of having a strategy that is based on luck? You could just as easily buy all tech and if Russia gets industrial technology they will win. Granted if you are playing someone who is a much better player it is not a bad idea.

• @C_F:

I don’t mean to be rude or anything but what is the point of having a strategy that is based on luck? You could just as easily buy all tech and if Russia gets industrial technology they will win. Granted if you are playing someone who is a much better player it is not a bad idea.

this strat did not require luck so much as “even odds”. According to the odds, MR should acquire most of his objectives, and he did illustrate contingencies.

• You do not get it luck is a excellent asset granted there is a fine line between victory and defeat and any slight vairiation can tip the balance and cause one or the other but without luck and risk you kan have no victory

• mysticalrommel why dont you start to omit the gaps between the words just as you omit any punctuation that would really make your posts even less readable and more a pain did you ever think of that or in other words did you ever think of the advantages of commas or why punctuation once was invented into written language

• @MysticalRommel:

You do not get it luck is a excellent asset granted there is a fine line between victory and defeat and any slight vairiation can tip the balance and cause one or the other but without luck and risk you kan have no victory

i did get it,
    however on initial assessment of your attacks, i gathered that if you had just “average” luck, then you should still win most of these battles.
    And when i play, i generally count on slightly bad luck - i.e. i count on odds being about 10% less then they actually are (i.e. 10% less in my favor). Counting on luck is a fool’s game.
    And i will take on a “lucky” but foolish opponant and beat them 8-10 times out of 10.

• Erin, cystic crypt is correct! Don’t worry, fellow axis and allies players, mysticalrommel, is one of my A&A buddies. He just has a serious case of newbie syndrome! So just bear with him a little! Thank you!

• @MuthaRussia:

Erin, cystic crypt is correct! Don’t worry, fellow axis and allies players, mysticalrommel, is one of my A&A buddies. He just has a serious case of newbie syndrome! So just bear with him a little! Thank you!

In that case, I’d like to ask if his all-armor strategies have ever paid off.

• He had this work one time because I was Japan and killed on russia from the east, so then he could just push through Karelia. But other than that, no they don’t work… Only when I’m on his side they work! But if 2nd place is considered working, then yes. The other guys that play with us are numbskulls though!

numbskulls eh… makes perfect sense 8)

• @MuthaRussia:

The other guys that play with us are numbskulls though!

Could you say what they did that makes them numbskulls? :wink:

• They waste money on weapon tech, like russia once bought 2 dice on first turn! And USA doesn’t really buy anything but inf. for def! stupid stuff like that!

ahhh… so MR followed every move that you told him to do and now he thinks he has the pro strat and the rest of us are weaklings? oh the humanity… :lol: … MR, you mentioned earlier that this strat you use relies on quite a bit of luck… try a strat the requires little luck :) …

GG

• Mysticalrommel thinks you are weaklings, because he has a head as big as a watermelon. Also, my strategy doesn’t require much luck, or at least not as much as his do!

• @MuthaRussia:

Mysticalrommel thinks you are weaklings, because he has a head as big as a watermelon.

Well, we’ll see who’s weak when his panzer divisions run up against the Russian infantry hordes, where we lose men on every attack, but we make up for it in volume! :wink:

• Correct you are GI!

• Also in your strategy, you should take into account the standard bid of 18-24 when playing non-RR.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m