• I am hosting two new players (so… the three of us) and I have the following games:

Revised
    Europe
    Pacific
    DDay
    BOTB
    Guadalcanal
    1942 1st Edition
    AAE1940
    AAP1940

Which would be the easiest game to use in teaching two new players in order to groom them to 1940 without discouraging them?  Obviously DDay, BOTB, and Gualalcanal are probably out, and I don’t want to throw them at Global right away.

I was thinking either the original Europe or just doing Europe 1940.  Or do you guys think I should do 1942 1st Edition?

• Hi BJCard.
    I would say not 1940 as it has scrambling and complicated convoy rules.
    I love the original Europe, but might be fun to play a world war game.
    Maybe 1942 then.
    Hope they like it!

• @BJCard:

I am hosting two new players (so… the three of us) and I have the following games:

Revised
    Europe
    Pacific
    DDay
    BOTB
    Guadalcanal
    1942 1st Edition
    AAE1940
    AAP1940

Which would be the easiest game to use in teaching two new players in order to groom them to 1940 without discouraging them?  Obviously DDay, BOTB, and Gualalcanal are probably out, and I don’t want to throw them at Global right away.

I was thinking either the original Europe or just doing Europe 1940.  Or do you guys think I should do 1942 1st Edition?

It depends on their previous wargame and strategy game experience. I would not suggest BOTB or GCNL or either of the 1940 games. Since you have 1942 I’d say the rules out Revised (from a learning point of view they’re the same except 42 has the more current ruleset) if the goal is to work up to the 1940 versions.

I’d say Europe 1st edition or the 1942. Europe would probably be easier for learning basic mechanics like how things move and how you buy and how to do combat and what roles the units play without too many complicated strategy decisions. Give the more advanced player Germany and the lesser one the Soviets and you play the US and mentor.

• Thanks for the replys guys-  I think it will be either the original europe or 1942- I’ll let them decide.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Original Europe.  Just a great game overall for new folks. And still fun for grizzled vets.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m