• '17 '16 Customizer

I know that if Japan attacks a Russian territory ajacent to the Mongolian neutrals, the Inf. in those territories are instantly activated and become Russian. The question I have is regarding if I attack Amur AND the Mongolian territory of Buyant-Uhaa at the same time, does that mean the Mongolian is treated as attacking a strict neutral so all strict neutrals become pro-allies? Or do the remaining Mongolian units still become Russian? (I hope I’m being clear enough)

Regards,  SMS

• Sponsor

this act is treated as attacking a strict neutral, so all strict neutrals become pro-allies.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Young:

this act is treated as attacking a strict neutral, so all strict neutrals become pro-allies.

Really? Even though I’m simotaniously attacking a Russion territory ajacent to it? Is there some place in any of the rules that address this? Or is this just an opinion? (Not that I doubt you YG -I just want to be right instead of my son  besting me  :wink: )

• Sponsor

@Maddog77:

@Young:

Really? Even though I’m simotaniously attacking a Russion territory ajacent to it? Is there some place in any of the rules that address this? Or is this just an opinion? (Not that I doubt you YG -I just want to be right instead of my son  besting me  :wink: )

No problem, I’ve asked this question before in the FAQ thread, that’s how I know for sure.

• Official Q&A

It’s in the FAQ.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

The key phrase is “at the end of Japan’s Conduct Combat Phase”.

• '12

@Maddog77:

Is there some place in any of the rules that address this?

There is.  Pacific 2e rules, page 39:

In all other respects and for all other purposes, the Mongolian territories are treated as any other strict neutral territory.  For example, if a Mongolian territory is attacked by Japan while still a strict neutral, all of the other strict neutral territories will become pro-Allies.

This should actually make sense, since the Mongolian units won’t switch to Russian until the end of Japan’s combat phase.  So in order for Japan to have also attacked Mongolia in the same move, they must have already declared war on the strict neutrals.

• '13

.tsgv file???  What do I need to open it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m