• I just don’t want somebody saying i took these ideas, when i had them first. I care about that.

• Love the mine rules and the unrestricted submarine warfare. Great new stuff Larry! Overall seems cool. One thing I wish would have been represented in the game is why the Germans attacked through Belgium in the first place! The French had a very well fortified frontier with Germany. It would of been great to introduce forts in this game either on the map or as a piece. Probably something ripe for house rules. Also has anyone felt surprised that the attacking infantry/artillery have a higher attack value then their A&A WWII counterparts? Is that to help make up for them only being able to attack one round?

• I like the rules so far too. I wish there was heavy artillery and Zeppelins. I wish you could build railroads and fortifications unfortunately that doesn’t appear to be a part of this game. I know this was another thread but I can totally see a second and even possibly third edition on this baby.

• @Imperious:

I just don’t want somebody saying i took these ideas, when i had them first. I care about that.

Again, how do you know you had them first? Plenty of big ideas are developed independently. Think of Newton and Leibniz. What good will it do to say  “I had these ideas before Larry,” when all you really know is that you developed the ideas separately. Larry quite likely could have had these ideas or similar ones on the back burner for years, decades even.

No one is saying that you stole the idea, but it’s too much to act like you definitely had the ideas before Larry just because we are seeing him publish them now. We know he’s had a rough cut of a WWI game since at least 2004.

All you got to say is that you developed the idea on you own. It’s too much to claim you had the ideas fist when you really can’t back that up.

• @Admiral_Thrawn:

Love the mine rules and the unrestricted submarine warfare. Great new stuff Larry! Overall seems cool. One thing I wish would have been represented in the game is why the Germans attacked through Belgium in the first place! The French had a very well fortified frontier with Germany. It would of been great to introduce forts in this game either on the map or as a piece. Probably something ripe for house rules. Also has anyone felt surprised that the attacking infantry/artillery have a higher attack value then their A&A WWII counterparts? Is that to help make up for them only being able to attack one round?

I was thinking the same thing with inf and art. With only 1 round of combat this will help ensure a little more action.

• …and because they hit on 2 and 3, its less dice rolling

• @Razor:

…and because they hit on 2 and 3, its less dice rolling

You mean 'cause there will be less around each successive battle? Took me a while to get what you meant there.  :-)

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

@Razor:

…and because they hit on 2 and 3, its less dice rolling

You mean 'cause there will be less around each successive battle? Took me a while to get what you meant there.  :-)

Correct, you know the big battle in Moscow, when Germany attack with 100 inf that need a roll of 1 to kill. This just goes on and on for ever. But when most of your units kill on 3 or less, I figure half the units got killed in the first, and only round, so less dicerolling

• Customizer

Belgium’s frontier was more heavily fortified than that of France. It was more to do with outflanking the French army and sweeping round to attack it from the west.

• Again, how do you know you had them first?

Because they were posted on this site a long time ago and Larry often listens to ideas from people who post here and on his site. Pictures of the original game were posted on his site ( the map has dramatically changed since 2005-6)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

I just don’t want somebody saying i took these ideas, when i had them first. I care about that.

The Crux of the problem here?

Always trying to control other people.

I suppose it was your idea for a WWI A&A game too? Wow. lol.

Did you also invent the Zepplin?

• @Flashman:

Belgium’s frontier was more heavily fortified than that of France. It was more to do with outflanking the French army and sweeping round to attack it from the west.

But didn’t they want to outflank them because attacking the French head on through their forts would of been two slow and costly and they needed to defeat the French quickly? I could be wrong of course, but just watched a documentary on WWI yesterday that indicated that Schlieffen’s solution to France’s fortifications was to go around them.

Also Larry comments on invading Holland in the game. I’m all for having the option to invade Holland, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, ect. when Germany didn’t in the war, but shouldn’t there be some reasons not too? I mean why not invade Holland? It feels just like a quick cash grab for the German’s every game.

Untitled-1.jpg

• The Crux of the problem here?

The problem is you spamming every thread with something that has nothing to do with you and running up your post count. Also, learn how to spell Zeppelin before commenting.

• Customizer

I’ve no objection to Germany invading Holland, though I don’t think the Allies should be allowed to invade neutrals.

I’ve suggested that Germany is allowed to collect trade income from Holland and other bordering neutrals; if they invade they still get this cash but add 4 units to opposing armies.

It wasn’t so much the forts; they knew that the entire French strategy was a drive through Alsace-Lorraine. So, in order to wrong-foot France, allow them to move east, and then swing round behind them to cut them off from supplies and reinforcements before crushing them.

@Imperious:

The Crux of the problem here?

The problem is you spamming every thread with something that has nothing to do with you and running up your post count. Also, learn how to spell Zeppelin before commenting.

Waaaaah

Someone’s on edge today.  Hope you don’t shoot anyone, that seems to be the American thing to do these days.

I bet that was your idea too.

I’ve no objection to Germany invading Holland, though I don’t think the Allies should be allowed to invade neutrals.

I’ve suggested that Germany is allowed to collect trade income from Holland and other bordering neutrals; if they invade they still get this cash but add 4 units to opposing armies.

It wasn’t so much the forts; they knew that the entire French strategy was a drive through Alsace-Lorraine. So, in order to wrong-foot France, allow them to move east, and then swing round behind them to cut them off from supplies and reinforcements before crushing them.

Again - I’m with you here Flashman on all counts.  They’ve definetly introduce some cool concepts into this game, I hope the go the full distance.

• Waaaaah

Someone’s on edge today.  Hope you don’t shoot anyone, that seems to be the American thing to do these days.

More pathetic commentary?

@Imperious:

Waaaaah

More pathetic commentary?

Superior intellect actually; and you’re welcome. :)

• No education actually. But reading any post from you validates that fact. :roll:

• @Flashman:

Basically this. Though it would have been interesting if France had gone with an plan to basically do the exact same thing as Germany and send most of their army on a flanking move into Belgium, both armies full force would have clashed there, would have been an interesting war.

• @Imperious:

Again, how do you know you had them first?

Because they were posted on this site a long time ago and Larry often listens to ideas from people who post here and on his site. Pictures of the original game were posted on his site ( the map has dramatically changed since 2005-6)

Again, you really can’t prove you had the idea first, and not a single person has suggested that you stole your idea from Larry.

You made it independently, cool, but whether or not it came to your head first is unprovable and mostly irrelevant.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m