Firefox problems as of a few days ago

• Hello,

A few days ago this site has been missing items, mainly or exclusively icons, as seen below. I haven’t changed anything with my computer. The site works fine in IE.
    As you can see in the screenshot, the left column is only showing “No New Posts” or “New Posts”, instead of the usual icons. Any ideas?

• I think it’s on your end. Update Java?

• I don’t think so:
    Java Version 1.7.0_13 from Oracle Corporation

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How about you start using a REAL browser?

Like Internet Explorer…  ;)

And have you tried the same machine with an alternate browser?

• @Gargantua:

As I said in my original post, the site works fine in IE, yes, on the same machine.

• '18 Customizer

I use firefox and mine is fine. Something is either out of date or blocking the missing icons. FYI Internet Explorer is NOT a real browser in most circles so get firefox fixed and stay with it.

I’ve been using IE since before you were born. Like Al Gore - I invented it!

You do realize that your Windows GUI is Explorer right?

• '12

Garg, explorer and Internet explorer are two different animals and processes.  Your windows gui (explorer.exe) is not internet explorer (iexplorer.exe).  Internet explorer is a sad animal indeed, but a required animal tho I only use it for work to ensure compatibility of software.

• I agree with MrMalachiCrunch 100% as usual.

@MrMalachiCrunch:

Garg, explorer and Internet explorer are two different animals and processes.  Your windows gui (explorer.exe) is not internet explorer (iexplorer.exe).  Internet explorer is a sad animal indeed, but a required animal tho I only use it for work to ensure compatibility of software.

I disagree.

The interfaces may appear different, and there are some different functions, the software engines and components are mostly the same, and share a ridiculously high percentage of the same resources.

Hence why in internet explorer you can explore your own hard-drive, and in explorer whilst browsing your folders you can also visit the net.

Also, when Either/Or crashes, so does the other.

• '12

Garg, still have to disagree with you.  They are two different executables and processes.  Run your task manager to see what processes are running, you can then fire up internet explorer and see that process (iexplorer.exe).  You can kill the iexplorer process and explorer still runs (explorer.exe).  In fact by law Microsoft CANNOT require internet explorer to be a required part of the operating system.  A crash by iexplorer does not crash explorer.exe….it might, but its not a causal relationship.

They may use many of the same components, but that means nothing.  I mean cars all use the same roads, fuel and traffic lights but that does not make all cars identical just because they use the same resources.  There are few things I would say I am expert in, but 30+ years of getting paid to write software means you probably should not bet against me.

Garg, care to lay some coin down on a wager over this?  :wink:

• '18 Customizer

…and you haven’t even mentioned the activeX controls being crap. Updates can be months getting onto your computer from IE.

Try Firefox for a month and I guarantee you will have a smoother month on the net with less problems and reloads. Seriously, try it!

• I hate to go off topic folks, but the problem I had was due to some axisandallies.org resources being added to the Firefox addon AdBlock Plus’ database. I removed them and now everything is fine and dandy.

• lol.

Apologizing for going “off topic”?  Shouldn’t say " I apologize for going back on topic". :-D

• '12

@Gargantua:

Going back off topic, to the topic of IE Explorer sucking……

Every single Internet Explorer at risk of drive-by hacks until Patch Tuesday 
    FIFTY-SEVEN gaping holes closed this month

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/08/ms_feb_patch_tuesday_pre_alert/

• I agree with MrMalachiCrunch 100% as usual.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m