• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

If you’ve got a good idea for an NO for global 1940.2 post it here with a brief explanation why you think its a good idea.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I’ll start it off by repeating one here that some people have been discussing in another thread.  I think this one is great for UK Europe:

1 IPC for every unit mobilized at a Canadian Industrial complex in the current turn.
    Theme: efficient use of Canadian natural resources and manpower

Its a good idea because it gives UK a much needed source of extra income that is reliable.  It would also add some realism to the game by motivating a battle of the Atlantic, with axis subs intercepting trans-atlantic military shipments above and beyond the convoy raiding of merchant traffic in convoy raid zones (z106, z109, z110).

• I dont have a problem with it, but my question would be do you give the UK something for the Union of South Africa?

• @variance:

I’ll start it off by repeating one here that some people have been discussing in another thread.  I think this one is great for UK Europe:

1 IPC for every unit mobilized at a Canadian Industrial complex in the current turn.
    Theme: efficient use of Canadian natural resources and manpower

Its a good idea because it gives UK a much needed source of extra income that is reliable.  It would also add some realism to the game by motivating a battle of the Atlantic, with axis subs intercepting trans-atlantic military shipments above and beyond the convoy raiding of merchant traffic in convoy raid zones (z106, z109, z110). Â

When I originally came up with the idea it was 2 IPC for each non-infantry. I felt that 1 IPC wasn’t enough to get them to mobilize away from where they are most likely to be needed. I know sometimes that Canada is nifty, but that seems to me to be the exception, not close to a rule.

• Maybe it should be 5 IPCs if 3 units are produced in Canada.

• I really like this idea. UK desperately needs NOs.  Think 5 might be too much though Oztea.
    Another way of doing it could be: every unit costing one IPC less.
    Not sure Inf should count, but then might have to include Mech and Art in that too!

By the way Oztea, I have set up your 1941 and am looking forward to playing it against my best friend. Are in the middle of a different game, so could be a week before we start.

• Yeah I remember offering the 5 for 3 and 3 for 2 if potential 6 was too much.

The main reason I thought that was a good tone-down was that you really have to commit to buying 3 there, otherwise the money ain’t so good.

• Which thread was that in btw? I remember something else someone came up with vaguely that was a good middle ground too I think.

• 3 units would be 2 INF and a transport, which would cost 8 IPCs after the rebate

• Sponsor

This is what we modified or added at the Cliffside Bunker.

-$5 for Germany if Germany controls Lenningrad, Stalingrad, and/or Moscow and if there are no allied ships in the Baltic Sea.

-$5 for Germany if Axis control London

-$5 for Japan if Axis control all of China’s original territories.

-$5 for United Kingdom if there are no Axis warships in the Atlantic.

• How about a slight change to the UK’s NOs:

5 IPCs if the UK controls the following territories: Scotland, United Kingdom (London), Gibraltar, Egypt, and Trans-Jordan. (Awarded to UK Europe Economy for maintaining Home Defence and controlling access to and from the Mediterranean).

5 IPCs if the UK controls the following territories: West India, India (Calcutta), Kwangtung, and Malaya. (Awarded to UK Pacific Economy for keeping the UK’s Asian centres of power intact).

Not quite as unreachable as controlling all original territories, but still rigorous, especially for the UK Pacific.

• Wove those are very similar to something I proposed a while back:

5 IPCs for BOTH UK economies if the UK controls the following territories: Scotland, Quebec, Gibraltar, South Africa, India, Egypt, and Trans-Jordan and no hostile Axis warships border these territories.
    Theme: Supply lines between the United Kingdom and colonial possessions are open.

• @oztea:

Wove those are very similar to something I proposed a while back:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what put the idea in my head. Sorry, I’ve been reading the forums a lot lately and things’ve started to become a sort of Axis and Allies stew.

• Not saying you stole it….but great minds think alike.

The UK’s lack of NO’s is something I tried to shine a light on when Larry was developing the 2nd edition…but he seemed to ignore the idea.

Even the return of a UK no subs bonus (in the form of no German warships) Or in the form of German subs being allowed to raid from 1 space away from a convoy zone.

• It does seem that Larry kind of phoned in the UK’s NO. That’s why I’m eagerly watching this topic, hoping for a game changer. Or at least game enhancer.

• How about the UK gets 5 IPC at the end of any turn in which in has one or more ground units on mainland Europe?

• That SHOULD A US bonus. They need more offensive oriented bonuses.
    It feels like they are too reactionary (take back X, don’t lose Y) and all in the pacific.

They should have a homeland bonus for 20
    and 2 Pacific bonuses and 2 Atlantic bonuses.

Atlantic:
    5 IPCs if the Axis controls no territory in the middle east or Africa
    5 IPCs for allied Co-occupation of either of the following: Normandy/Bordeaux, Holland/Belgium

Pacific
    5 IPCs for control of the Philippines
    5 IPCs if the Allies control Hawaii, Midway, and any three Japanese islands

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m