• Customizer

Suggestions for non-alligned neutrals, including America before going to war.

Without knowing IPC values on the board, I will express values as “X”

The Allies are not permitted to invade neutrals.

Persia
    Russia and Britain both had major oil interests in Persia. Therefore as long as Persia is neutral, they each collect X IPCs from Perisa each turn. They cannot move units into or through it, unless the CPs have attacked it.

Abyssinia
    Had been unofficially assigned to Italy in the scramble for Africa. Therefore Italy may invade and annex the country as an exception to the above rule. If Abyssinia survives it joins the CPs.

European Customs Union
    Any neutral bordering Germany and/or Austria supplies it with the equivalent IPCs to its value, representing trade.
    In the case of Sweden and Norway there must be a transport ship in a connecting SZ for the trade to occur.
    Spain might be drawn into this, though a trading route would be difficult for the CP to establish.

Perhaps the Allies should have the same privilage, i.e both sides may trade with Norway or Netherlands, though perhaps a land border trumps a SZ connection?

More decisively a convoy of transports to America can bring supplies from that country while still neutral, thus replacing convoy zones as such. Countries would have to begin with more transport ships, representing merchant fleets.

Give each transport a 2 IPC cargo capacity?

Of course the CPs can invade a neutral and collect the cash directly, but that means adding neutral units to the Allies; it also means that the neutral will become friendly to the Allies if it survives or is liberated; and if using a US intervention chart each neutral violated pushes America one step closer to war. Finally, in order to exploit occupied tt, at least one ground unit must remain in the tt; important for Germany occupying Russian tt after the Russia Revolution/treaty.

• It looks like an infantry and artillery grind.  I am already wondering how my purchase patterns will have to shift; Also, this style of long, fairly indecisive engagement could work well with the naval battles.  I wonder if things there will be similar.  It would make a “Battle of Jutland” type of thing almost inevitable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m