• Customizer

My latest custom version:

Axis&Allies1914FullFlashMap1.PNG

• Is Spain a playable power in your version?
    Which alliance would it be on?

Any thoughts to which units it would start with?

• Customizer

Spain is neutral, and likely to remain so.

It would have a fleet off the NB at Cadiz.

• @Flashman:

My latest custom version:

I love it but I have one suggestion

Please divide “Küstenland” into Triest and Tirol.

There were two italien fronts in ww1 the alpine front in south tirol and the isonzo front towards triest.

Tirol is a wonderfull mountain region and should not be called a coast land.

• Customizer

I agree, but the two regions would be so small. Italian Tyrol and Istria barely show up on this scale, so I though of combining them into a single tt.

But I’ll look into this area again.

• If any of you delightfully nefarious and crafty triple a programmers/designers are reading this, I have a potentially useful idea: Instead of having a big diamond shaped board with a bunch of wasted space around it, just rotate the whole map 45 degrees clockwise like the recent jpg, then rotate the territory names back to being parallel with the new bottom (southeast) edge. North wouldn’t be up anymore, but actual game play wouldn’t be affected and it would prevent many headaches. Southwest edge being the bottom would work too, of course.

good idea/bad idea?

please comment.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

The map looks great, would love to play with more accurate territories.

For TripleA purposes rotating the board would make sense but it would be a little disorienting. The shoehorning of Africa in the game design is just too clumsy.

Perhaps the Caribbean could be added, gives another opportunity for Germany to pester the USA.

How about an incentive to wake up Spain and hand them back their lost island jewels?

• @thirstysword:

If any of you delightfully nefarious and crafty triple a programmers/designers are reading this, I have a potentially useful idea: Instead of having a big diamond shaped board with a bunch of wasted space around it, just rotate the whole map 45 degrees clockwise like the recent jpg, then rotate the territory names back to being parallel with the new bottom (southeast) edge. North wouldn’t be up anymore, but actual game play wouldn’t be affected and it would prevent many headaches. Southwest edge being the bottom would work too, of course.

good idea/bad idea?

please comment.

I actually think that by using the diamond shape there is very little wasted space.  With a rectangular board, you have four corners that are rarely used.  With this, you only have two corners rarely used- extreme north and south.

• When playing on a coffee table, I agree with you, but I’m talking about a computer game called triple a. My computer is a few years old, so maybe it doesn’t have all the latest, but it doesn’t seem to be able to open any diamond shaped windows. The wasted space I was referring to is the space outside the diamond, yet inside the as-of-yet nonexistent square triple a window.

• Fair enough on the ‘wasted space,’ but perhaps those that design 1914 in triplea can put useful information in the corners, such as some of the rules, unit stats, and battle board?  Just a thought…

• Got a setup chart for that game, Flash?

• Customizer

Flash, I’m working on my map project and I was wondering what you thought about adding Lithuania to the Eastern Front (see the map below) as a sort of buffer between Berlin and Petrograd, so the path to the Russian capital would be:

Berlin -> Prussia -> Lithuania -> Livonia (Estonia & Latvia) -> Petrograd

Of course, Petrograd will be a coastal capital, but that’s something that 5 out of the 8 powers already have to deal with, and Germany isn’t dominant enough in the North Sea to be a real amphibious threat.

• Customizer

Not too keen, probably (if the goal is to put spaces between Berlin and Moscow/Petrograd) prefer to divide a restored Prussia west/east.

EastPrussia.PNG

• Customizer

Yeah, I like that. Might have to make E. Prussia bigger (than it actually was) for gameplay reasons (read: fitting stacks in it).

• How does the Diplomacy map handle it?

• Customizer

Prussia -> Livonia -> St. Pete’s. Similar to the 1914 map, except Poland doesn’t have a coastline.

• Customizer

And no Belarus; Poland borders Moscow.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m