• Customizer

OK here’s how it looks to me. I stand to be corrected on German IPC values, some of which I can’t make out.

I’m blowed if I’m putting the Yorkshire-Scotland border where they have; some things are sacred. Although it does somewhat resemble the Kingdom of Northumbria in the 7th century…

I’ve tried to keep historical borders wherever possible, though clearly not such anachronisms as Bulgaria and Poland.

Can’t believe Switzerland is worth 1/4 as much as Norway.

Don’t care for the German infantry - helmets look like a compromise between early and late war issues.

Had to make a couple of minor changes; Bulgaria and the SZ 8/9 border - don’t see why this doesn’t join the Brest-Picardy border.

Axis&Allies1914FullMapLarryH5.PNG

• …Were Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde types of WWI mines?

• Customizer

No, but Cobra Commander led a crack unit of Turquish Commandos.

• Will someone tell Larry we get the message: Don’t invade Spain, Norway, or Sweden.

• But DO invade Switzerland.
    Why isn’t it 2 or 3?

• Someone didn’t read the rules, on page 12 Serbia doesn’t have any control markers on it, meaning it wasn’t attacked by Austria as per the rules.

• Customizer

@oztea:

Someone didn’t read the rules, on page 12 Serbia doesn’t have any control markers on it, meaning it wasn’t attacked by Austria as per the rules.

It has an Austria marker on it in both pics.

• Customizer

The piece colours really do chance with the light; in some pics the Russian pieces look dark brown, on other they’re positively pink.

Planes don’t look too bad, though a little small. Even have props!

The setup of German tts is devious; look how much harder it is to reach Paris than Moscow from Berlin:

If the Germans are clever, they’ll trick the French into heavily reinforcing Lorraine, then outflank them through Belgium and Switzerland, trapping the French.  If only the Germans could move by rail…

Note that by land, Petrograd is the same distance from Berlin as Moscow; its further away from Vienna.

Moreover, there are 3 direct approaches to Moscow, only one to Petrograd.

The real killer for Petrograd as capital, then, is the direct sea route in one move. But then by the same route you could be in Moscow on turn 2…

In the west, you can cut down the time by shipping units to Holland, but the cost of invading and the threat of Allied ships to SZ10 makes this a perilous road. Larry really doesn’t want Germans in Paris…

BerlinMarch.PNG

• Customizer

@Imperious:

Does anyone else notice the German fighter up on its side in this pic?  :-P

• The road to Paris goes through Switzerland.
    Also makes it harder for the UK to get units into the fight.

• Customizer

Yeah, Switzerland and Belgium should be the German targets R1.

If the French want to attack into Alsace its their funeral.

• It looks inevitable to invade switzerland with the bavarian army from munich (if thats at least possible on the current map)

“In August 1914 the army of Crownprince Rupprecht made an amphibious assault over the lake constance and attacked Switzerland without any prior warning”

Now thats what I call Alternate History …

• Does anyone else notice the German fighter up on its side in this pic?  :-P

It’s turning to make another strafing run. :lol:

• @wove100:

Does anyone else notice the German fighter up on its side in this pic?  :-P

It’s turning to make another strafing run. :lol:

Richthofen can do whatever he wants :wink:

• I like how you can travel from the Caspian Sea to Petrograd in two turns, but try to go from Berlin to Paris…

• Customizer

Ooops, seems Germany starts with no transports, so you have to add one to those sea route numbers.

Seems like cheating, that.

BerlinMarch.PNG

• I also like how a US cruiser can get from New York to Sevastopol in 2 turns.

• Customizer

Well here’s the sum of my night’s work.

Still not 100% on Germany, and is Switzerland really worth only 1 IPC?

I’m assuming that “Bombay” simply indicates a unit placement area, and is not considered a capital for victory purposes.

Axis&Allies1914FullMapLarryH6.PNG

• Good work Flashman.

• Maybe I missed the conversation, but it seems the ottomans can’t have their navy safe in the Black Sea from the mediterranean fleets even if they control constantinople?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m