• '12

Glad Canada’s biggest export is not Justin Beiber….but as long as they exported him…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

One of Canada’s primary manufactured exports (top 3) is small arms and ammunition.

We make it all for the British and Americans,  the infrastructure being built prior to WWI, and continuing through the end of WW2 and the Cold War.

I mean face it, it’s not like the U.S. can buy M16’s from China.

• I wouldn’t suggest buying anything from China.
    Whatever I buy(then touch) falls apart!
    Try finding something made in England. Practically impossible.

Was not aware Canada made arms  and munitions, Garg.

• '12

Quite the auto industry in Ontario Witt.  During WWII the Canadian auto sector (by Canada I mean the province of Ontario) built more trucks then Germany and Russia combined.  Not bad for a province that had less than 4 million people in 1941.  I agree with the quality of Chinese products.  Just had a heater in the bathroom die, was about 2 years old and made in China.  I doubt that will stop many people from buying Chinese cars at Walmart in a few years once they appear.  Not like my 1971 Chevy hotrod pickup truck or my 1980 Chevy Camaro muscle car, those were built to last a bit longer.

• You think that will be the next thing: Chinese cars in a supermarket?
    I am disgusted at the thought, but it is the way of the world. All for ease.
    I should have told you I am renowned for my breaking skills.
    Friends and family take the piss because of it.
    You buy it, I will break it!

• '12

Only recently here has walmart ventured into groceries, it was primarily a department store initially.  Yeah, I think low end Chinese cars for about 5000 dollars will appear in walmart in a few years.  Witt, you would be an excellent product tester!

• I would. But only with Chinese goods.
    I just broke a pencil sharpener. With a pencil!
    Maddy and I were colouring in.
    I have taken two vacuum cleaners back in two weeks.
    My wife is still cross that I broke our marble fireplace while chopping wood.
    We had only been in our new house one day.
    The axe I was using lasted another week before I broke the head in a log.
    It is lucky my brother and father are good at mending things.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I’ve noticed some very cheap looking “off-road” motorcycles for sale at Canadian Tire for $500 (Canadian tire is a hardware department store sort of like Home Depot but with automotive stuff instead of lumber).  The bikes aren’t street legal in Canada because they don’t have the right lights on them but you could probably rig that up if you’re mechanical.  They probably are legal where they make them.  Anyway the point is you can buy a brand new motorbike for about 2 weeks pay if you make minimum wage.  For most people it would be 1 weeks pay.  One of these days they will start selling street legal ones for $500 and I will probably buy one.   Could the car manufacturing industry in Ontario ever hope to compete with that?

The problem with cheap Chinese products is that although we get the cheap junky products, but in the end we can’t afford more important things like food and shelter because we lost our jobs and live on credit cards.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Got a link to that Vance? LOL.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

No, but I was looking them over at the store last summer.  I think you’d be better off to buy a used Honda or whatever for a similar price, but they were really not that bad looking for $500.  This Spring they will probably show up again at the stores.  The nice thing about them is you wouldn;t need a motorcycle license or insurance to drive them around trails or whatever (or you could just get a mountain bike)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m