here it is now go for it!!!

F_alk wrote last the following:

TG Moses VI wrote:
    I think you really need to polish up on your English a bit more.

Why don’t you express yourself that there is no chance of misunderstanding? … And, i try to polish up my English.

Quote:
    “Unfortunate” does not means: expendable, necessary, or otherwise.

Exactly, i understand it as something like unlucky… Fortuna, roman goddess of luck… Well, then you had some unfortunate civilians in the Twin Towers, and surely you can understand and appreciate that those arabs who see the US as an enemy cheered when the towers were attacked.

Quote:
    For clearification, the lives lost to SBR was tragic, but nevertheless it happened. … Instead, you see the correlation (civilian deaths) and take it as causation (the reason for SBRs) - to which you were wrong.

That i am wrong still has to be proven, and is absolutely not necessary for making the bombings a war crime.

Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and Relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I)
    Section II, Article 85
    3. …the following acts shall be regarded as grave breaches of this Protocol, when committed wilfully, in violation of the relevant provisions of this Protocol, and causing death or serious injury to body or health:

Making the civilian population or individual civilians the object of attack;
    Launching an indiscriminate attack affecting the civilian population or civilian objects in the knowledge that such attack will cause excessive loss of life, injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects, … Launching an attack against works or installations containing dangerous forces in the knowledge that such attack will cause excessive loss of life, injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects, …
    Making non-defended localities and demilitarized zones the object of attack; …

Yes, that was set up after WWII, but if you want to argue on that, then i can’t help you at all. Just remember which crimes have been done “legally” through-out history, which were (or were not) later condemned.

But, when i look at this: Has anyone of the USAF or gov’t ever been charged for the bombings during the Vietnam “police action”?

Quote:
    Quote:
    Hmm, there had been to many other terror bombings before that, i don’t think that one of the last … just because it’s one of the most famous … can be considered the revenge attack.

Really? And what city was this?

I really have to polish my English as it seems.

• thats great

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m