• '16

@toblerone77:

Anybody hear anything on the Japanese sets lately?

Apparently the Expansion set is delayed.

• Customizer

I heard of the delay. Thanks. I was just wondering about some kind of time frame. The word I heard was that quality issues needed to be worked out. How serious they were I have no idea of. I’m just anxious to get them LOL.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@toblerone77:

I heard of the delay. Thanks. I was just wondering about some kind of time frame. The word I heard was that quality issues needed to be worked out. How serious they were I have no idea of. I’m just anxious to get them LOL.

I can explain a bit. The quality issue was the wings on the planes. Came out bent badly on the test set like they were too hot or something. Coach immediately told the guy off and said “Fix it!”  :-D

They should be sending the new test set very soon which will be awesome (of course) and then the full production right behind that. Coach will post when there is more definitive info.

• Any word on a shipping date yet?

• Customizer

@Pacific:

Any word on a shipping date yet?

On HBG, they still have an approximate date of Sept. 30. Also, HBG is doing inventory this week so no orders are being shipped between the 21st and 29th.
    Assuming they get them on the 30th and everything is good, it will probably be a few days for Coach to fill all the pre-orders. I would imagine he has a lot since we all seem to be chomping at the bit to get these new Japanese units.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@knp7765:

@Pacific:

On HBG, they still have an approximate date of Sept. 30. Also, HBG is doing inventory this week so no orders are being shipped between the 21st and 29th.
    Assuming they get them on the 30th and everything is good, it will probably be a few days for Coach to fill all the pre-orders. I would imagine he has a lot since we all seem to be chomping at the bit to get these new Japanese units.

My factory is killing me, still about 2 weeks away, sorry guys.

• Customizer

Coach,

@coachofmany:

@knp7765:

@Pacific:

––I think we all understand that You are part of the solution,….not part of the problem. I salute you.

“Tall Paul”
    My factory is killing me, still about 2 weeks away, sorry guys.

• Customizer

This blows but I think we all understand. It’s too bad there’s nobody in the US that could do this as cost effectively as the Chinese.  There is a guy on YouTube that is trying to do his own injection molding in the states. LOL and guess what? He’s a miniatures guy.

He’s been doing this all on his own out of his garage just to show it can be done. He even machines his own molds!

Anyway Coach best of luck for you and us all.

• Customizer

@toblerone77:

This blows but I think we all understand. It’s too bad there’s nobody in the US that could do this as cost effectively as the Chinese.  There is a guy on YouTube that is trying to do his own injection molding in the states. LOL and guess what? He’s a miniatures guy.

He’s been doing this all on his own out of his garage just to show it can be done. He even machines his own molds!

He may be able to do this himself on a small scale, but it’s the mass production that is the key. Think of how many of the German Expansion sets Coach has sold since they came out. Heck, I think he had to order 1000 sets in each color just to get the order started. There’s no way a guy could keep up that pace out of his garage.

• Customizer

@knp7765:

@toblerone77:

He may be able to do this himself on a small scale, but it’s the mass production that is the key. Think of how many of the German Expansion sets Coach has sold since they came out. Heck, I think he had to order 1000 sets in each color just to get the order started. There’s no way a guy could keep up that pace out of his garage.

Oh I agree. My example is just showing that there are people working on this and in the future this may be viable for people wanting pieces of their own design.

It’s certainly an interesting look at economies of scale… To the guy in his garage, HBG is far too big a project with 16 moulds per run times 5000 runs or so. To our Chinese factory, we are small potatoes. They wish we’d order 100,000 runs.  :-P

• Customizer

@Variable:

It’s certainly an interesting look at economies of scale… To the guy in his garage, HBG is far too big a project with 16 moulds per run times 5000 runs or so. To our Chinese factory, we are small potatoes. They wish we’d order 100,000 runs.  :-P

Man, that would be a LOT of pieces to sell. You guys would be swimming in plastic.

Finally! On the way from China… Should be here in a week to a week and a half (depends on customs, government shut downs, etc). We’ll post some pics while we QC them, and then start getting them out to all those faithful fans that pre-ordered. Thank you again everyone!

JapanSuppOrange.jpg
    JapanSuppRed.jpg

• Very happy!!  :-D

• @Pacific:

Very happy!!   :-D

Me too!

• Customizer

Guys,

@Pacific:

Very happy!!� �:-D

––I’m also happy that the Japanese sets are soon to be on their way,…but mostly I’m happy that the Factory didn’t
    “hit a major snag” leaving the “Coach” and his HBG team to be blamed for the delay.
    ––IMHO I think we should all take a moment to appreciate the major financial and time investments the “Coach” makes for every set he produces for all of us. I hope that he one day makes a hearty return on his investment. Thanks “Coach”.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Great news on the Japanese Supplement sets. Looking forward to seeing them in person.
    I know this forum only allows 2 pictures so you chose the orange and red pieces. I assume the rose and yellow/gold pieces are also on the way?

• The ones pictured actually look like the yellow-gold to me even though they are labeled as orange.

@knp7765:

Great news on the Japanese Supplement sets. Looking forward to seeing them in person.
    I know this forum only allows 2 pictures so you chose the orange and red pieces. I assume the rose and yellow/gold pieces are also on the way?

I am told all colors are on the way.

• Customizer

Yay!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m