• Customizer

@CWO:

@toblerone77:

That’s one thing about OOB cruisers I really don’t like is they are hard to distinguish from DDs sometimes.

I usually check the stern. Most (if not all) of the destroyers have transom (i.e. square-cut) sterns, while the cruisers tend to have pointed sterns.  I sometimes wonder if that’s the reason why the Hipper-class cruiser sculpt went from having a transom stern in its first incarnation to a pointed stern thereafter.

Sometimes Marc I think you can read my mind lol. I usually spot them easily but I have had people who have a pretty good grasp on WW2 history and weapons of war having a hard time picking out DDs and CAs. As you have suggested I tell them to check the stern. The lastest Soviet/French from G40 CAs and DDs are really close. Luckily you don’t see a lot of those in play. When it has come up I just check the silhouette and or length to get a proper ID.

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

@Jabo:

Here is the Kaga carrier.� HBG has put the ship class name on the bottom of the units� :-D

––It looks as though I won’t have to put “Type/Class” lables on the bottoms of all of my units,…at least on the ones from Historical Board Gaming. A classy yet loigical move from them. The “Coach” always makes logical choices for the units he produces,….and they’re well-detailed and of the correct size and color.

“Tall Paul”

Probably my two favorite units Coach and the guys have produced are the light carriers and transport planes. I probably have more than I will ever need for one session, but God help me I love those light carriers! And I just can’t stand the thought of using a bomber to paratroop units LOL!

If I could commission just a couple more units It’d be a B-29 and glider units. Then a Higgins boat. Then a….LOL  I know you and my fellow “parts hounds” get it LOL!

• @toblerone77:

Sometimes Marc I think you can read my mind lol.

Nope, it’s not telepathy – it’s just a case of fellow piece junkies thinking alike.  :)

• I got my tracking for via email today. Can’t wait!

• Customizer

@Imperious:

I got my tracking for via email today. Can’t wait!

Dangit! IL. I don’t know how many times I’ve refreshed my email hoping mine were on the way LOL! I keep cracking open my “tackle boxes” deciding where I’m putting what of my new Japanese units.

• Customizer

@ Variable, is there going to be a list posted on HBG’s site on which British units are going to be in the set anytime soon? I’d like to start a pre-order when we get a list of what units will be in it.

• Order still marked HOLD here too.  Quite disappointing…. :|

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Guess I have a few questions to address!

First: Although Coach and I talk HBG every day of our lives, I can’t take ANY credit for the QC process going on right now. All the pieces are with him in Tulsa, OK. I live way the heck out in California!  :-o  He has to do all the QC himself, or enlist the help of a son or wife or friend. Wish I could help, but he’s got a mountain of plastic to sort through. Give him time to make sure you get the best quality stuff. I can tell from the pics that others are recieving beautiful pieces.

For those that haven’t received their pre-orders yet, don’t worry. On the way soon. I haven’t even got MINE yet!  :-P But I don’t mind. You all deserve them first! Thank you again to all those that pre-ordered.

Last, the Brits. Yeah, we’re gonna get a list up before too long. We don’t link taking pre-orders until we know for sure the set is in the “production line”. That usually means all pieces are 3D modeled and we have proofs of sculpts at least near done. We will of course post here when the pre-order is ready. Don’t forget there is another set of Japanese behind this one still in process. Sculpts are still being perfected and proofed.

Enjoy this long awaited set everyone!

• Customizer

@Variable:

Guess I have a few questions to address!

First: Although Coach and I talk HBG every day of our lives, I can’t take ANY credit for the QC process going on right now. All the pieces are with him in Tulsa, OK. I live way the heck out in California!  :-o  He has to do all the QC himself, or enlist the help of a son or wife or friend. Wish I could help, but he’s got a mountain of plastic to sort through. Give him time to make sure you get the best quality stuff. I can tell from the pics that others are recieving beautiful pieces.

For those that haven’t received their pre-orders yet, don’t worry. On the way soon. I haven’t even got MINE yet!  :-P But I don’t mind. You all deserve them first! Thank you again to all those that pre-ordered.

Last, the Brits. Yeah, we’re gonna get a list up before too long. We don’t link taking pre-orders until we know for sure the set is in the “production line”. That usually means all pieces are 3D modeled and we have proofs of sculpts at least near done. We will of course post here when the pre-order is ready. Don’t forget there is another set of Japanese behind this one still in process. Sculpts are still being perfected and proofed.

Enjoy this long awaited set everyone!

Thanks Variable!

• Gents,  I thank you for the clearing up as to Coach’s plan.  It makes sense.  These new units are well done and I have about 75 percent of them base coated already.  The detail level on the ships is almost to the detail level of GHQ.  The Kaga you can identify hanger doors and AA mounts on. The new Kate sits on the deck with no issues so does the VAL from AA. 
    Really looking forward to the next sets HBG is producing.

WARRIOR888

• Customizer

Got my tracking info today. YAY! Will probably get them Friday. Can’t wait to see them all.

• I got my 6 sets yesterday. Only complaint is the Battleship is too small and the fighters are kinda lacking in detail IMO. The other pieces are great BTW. A must buy!

• Customizer

@knp7765:

Got my tracking info today. YAY! Will probably get them Friday. Can’t wait to see them all.

Hoping for a Friday delivery myself. Really hoping for the day when we can get single units too!

• Customizer

@Imperious:

I got my 6 sets yesterday. Only complaint is the Battleship is too small and the fighters are kinda lacking in detail IMO. The other pieces are great BTW. A must buy!

The battleship is small because it represents an “early war” battleship. The Fuso is the same size as the USS Nevada from the US Supplement set and the Schleswig-Holstein from the Germany Expansion set, both of which are also “early war” battleships. Coach wants all “early war” battleships to be roughly the same size for all nations so they are immediately identifiable on the game board.
    In the upcoming Japanese Expansion set we will get the Nagato, which is more of a “late war” or “regular” battleship and it will be bigger. Oh yeah, we will also get the Yamato as a “heavy battleship” and it will be even B I G G E R! Looking forward to seeing that one.

@toblerone77:

Hoping for a Friday delivery myself. Really hoping for the day when we can get single units too!

HBG usually offers single units of a given set about the same time as the next new set becomes available. So I would look for them roughly around the time the Japan Expansion sets are about ready for us. Around 4-6 weeks possibly?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@toblerone77:

@knp7765:

What units are you looking for?

• Customizer

@knp yeah I’m just being an impatient punk  :evil:

I can wait LOL. I just have some crap from ebay I’m waiting on also, and I just hope I didn’t get screwed on it(Ebay). I have some big plans for my A&A stuff and pulling it all together is making me impatient.

On top of that I’m moving in a different direction with painting and customizing. All of it involves a lot of waiting on shipment (Amazon/EBay/WOTC). My Japanese units from HBG aren’t really stalling any plans. I think I’ll have them in about an hour when the mail gets here.

HBG is awsome so anyone reading this don’t get the wrong impression. These guys are top-notch and fast! Great group of guy’s!

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

@toblerone77:

@knp7765:

What units are you looking for?

Probably everything but early BBs, armored cars, and fleet carriers. I’m doing some paint work so I’m waitng on the yellow. Â

*Edit: see post below. I’ll be ordering more of everything soon.

• Customizer

JUST CAME IN THE MAIL!!! THANK YOU HBG!!!

First, the pieces look fantastic.

Secondly, and just IMO, for you guys out there that have MB Classic pieces, you know that the figures are a bit darker than the vehicle units. The HBG yellow gold color kind of bridges the gap between the two colors. You could easily make a new nation or have an elite branch of military with your old and new units.
    It’s hard to justify with photos but I swear the colors meld enough that it’s not much different than some of the color variation that you get between say AAG40.1 and AAG40.2. For a ten buck gamble you can’t loose.

Third, for anyone still on the fence these pieces look great just to flavor your F2F games. You don’t have make variants or special rules for these if you don’t want too. They’re just plain nice. They look better than OOB and for people who got short changed by WOTC in the past, these will fill your ranks of MIA units nicely.

Fourth. If you like the last sets that have come out these are even better.

Last. HBG you guys did awesome! These were soooo worth any waiting. Thank you.

P.S.Thanks for the extra bits and the coaster. It will hold a frosty beverage nicely as I rearrange my “tackle boxes” to make homes for my new stuff.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

You are welcome and thank you for the compliments. We are needing to generate some pre-order monies for the Expansion set and we are throwing in a Japanese Jet at last minute. All pre-order sets will get a free Japanese Kikka jet fighter for every pack they pre-order. I will have a picture of the model next week.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakajima_Kikka

@toblerone77:

JUST CAME IN THE MAIL!!! THANK YOU HBG!!!

First, the pieces look fantastic.

Secondly, and just IMO, for you guys out there that have MB Classic pieces, you know that the figures are a bit darker than the vehicle units. The HBG yellow gold color kind of bridges the gap between the two colors. You could easily make a new nation or have an elite branch of military with your old and new units.
    It’s hard to justify with photos but I swear the colors meld enough that it’s not much different than some of the color variation that you get between say AAG40.1 and AAG40.2. For a ten buck gamble you can’t loose.

Third, for anyone still on the fence these pieces look great just to flavor your F2F games. You don’t have make variants or special rules for these if you don’t want too. They’re just plain nice. They look better than OOB and for people who got short changed by WOTC in the past, these will fill your ranks of MIA units nicely.

Fourth. If you like the last sets that have come out these are even better.

Last. HBG you guys did awesome! These were soooo worth any waiting. Thank you.

P.S.Thanks for the extra bits and the coaster. It will hold a frosty beverage nicely as I rearrange my “tackle boxes” to make homes for my new stuff.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@toblerone77:

Yeah, I have actually found those very useful. I have gotten a few from past orders and they are the coasters on our coffee table at home and I have one in my office at work too.

I didn’t really plan or think to use them so much, but they work well and it was just pretty natural. A couple people have already asked me what HBG is because of them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m