"Tall Paul's" U.K.-FAR EAST Calcutta-based units painted by "Warmachine Team"

• Customizer

Fellow A&A Gamers,

––This thread will eventually contain ALL of the U.K.-Far East (Calcutta-based) units that I’ve had detailed and painted by the WARMACHINE Team".

––So far the list contains:

BRITAIN

U.K.-FAR EAST FORCES (Calcutta-based)
    U.K.-Far East Infantry
    ––U.K.(Infantry, Rifle)…Pacific scheme…(Starting at message #1)

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone,

----These fine paint-jobs were done for me by a talented painter by the name of Chad Coffman, a.k.a. “Allworkandnoclay”.
    ----As the British A&A player has units that are Financially, as well as Physically split between Europe and Pacific theaters, I wanted to represent these differences by having my British Far East Calcutta-based Infantry having their own unique paint scheme as shown below. This makes is extremely easy to do so and eliminates any confusion between the two. In recognition of the Union Jack flags that are painted on their bases, I named these units “Jacks”. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, and hope they might inspire someone enough to paint their own units.
    ––Here’s a close-up, front & back, so you can see the details including the “Union Jack” flags painted on their bases.

“Tall Paul”
    uk_inf_jack2.jpg

• Customizer

Everyone,

––And here’s a pic of twenty “Jacks” deployed on the beach to repulse a Japanese amphibious assault. Enjoy!

“Tall Paul”

uk_inf_jack.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––In assembling an expanded set of modified/detailed/painted units for every county I’ve decided that my British-Pacific(Calcutta-based) units needed to be visually separate from my British-European(London-based) units. Therefore I decided to adopt the British “Union Jack” flag for the insignia of the British-Pacific(Calcutta-based) units as shown above.

----This brings me to the fact that I need to locate a source for some British “Union Jack” flag decals in order to add artillery and armored units to their mix without hand-painting all of these tiny, intricate insignia.
    ––I would deeply appreciate any and all help if anyone knows of a source for some “Union Jack” flag decals. Thanks.

“Tall Paul”

• '13

Why not use these? http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Axis-Allies-1914-WW1-Roundels_p_1435.html

They arnt decals but will they work?

• '16

No, those are too large… And aren’t even decals…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

We are looking for some to use on pieces like tanks and halftracks, maybe artillery.

While I could paint them, it would be much easier to use a decal if one existed.

• I would look for these tiny decals in old model kits. Anything you might have or find that is a British racing model will likely have some tiny Union Jack transfers in it. That’s all I can think of other than making your own on some with labels using felt or gel pens.

• Customizer

Guys,

––As an example of the type/size/shape of decals we’re needing, shown below is an I-94Enterprises decal sheet of German rectangular flags that are going to be on all of the German ship units and also the top-rear decks of German tanks and on the breech blocks of artillery units. I would truly be ecstatic if we could find some British “Union Jack” flags. Thanks for any assistance.

“Tall Paul”

GR105.jpg

• Flames of War has just the decals, all sorts of sizes I saw union Jack ones in the British kit. Looked pretty affordable, you can order them online just check their website.
    www.flamesofwar.com

@elrojo33:

Flames of War has just the decals, all sorts of sizes I saw union Jack ones in the British kit. Looked pretty affordable, you can order them online just check their website.
    www.flamesofwar.com

Are you sure? … I looked but cannot find any.

I considered going the FOW route but assumed they might not have what we want because they are more about completely historical scale modeling.

• I actually saw them at a local hobby store not on their website. Here is the decal section of their website and there are no Union Jacks, but there are St. Georges Cross variants. Perhaps the UJ was not used in the war to mark units?

@elrojo33:

I actually saw them at a local hobby store not on their website. Here is the decal section of their website and there are no Union Jacks, but there are St. Georges Cross variants. Perhaps the UJ was not used in the war to mark units?

Oh… yeah, I might have to go to my hobby store and take a look there.

The Union Jack was not used as a unit marker in the war, which is why it is so hard to find.

• That would be my answer. Anyway, I’ll keep an eye out. If I come across some I will let you know.
    Happy hunting.

@elrojo33:

That would be my answer. Anyway, I’ll keep an eye out. If I come across some I will let you know.
    Happy hunting.

Thanks much.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m