• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Viracocha:

And my last one until I bother to go and recover the in-process pics…

And yeah, they’re tanks in the desert.  8-)

Add: Whew… these photos look uhhh, different.  What’s up with that… going to check on reducing the sizes or something… grrr.

AWESOME! but yes… would be more awesome if I could see them properly.  :lol: I guess there is such a thing as too much resolution. Hopefully you can shrink your picture sizes or something.

Love the heavy tanks.

• Customizer

“V”,

––Thanks for posting some more pics,…and just for me, wow! :-D
    ----Some really nice paint jobs there “V”. I always enjoy looking at your painted units.
    ----And by the way, I’m sorry but you shouldn’t expect any royalty checks for your part in naming my ‘gang’. :roll:

Happy New Year Buddy,
    “Tall Paul”

• '12

Amazing painting job. Im amazed the painting detail you get on your navy pieces. If you lived closer I would have loved to meet you and show me.

• Customizer

Cheers Hoff - unfortunately, have a lot of other photos of these sets but they’re all of that funky resolution level *shrug.

Paul - dammit Texan!  I deserve royalties - royalties I say! eh eh eh - and a here’s to your 2013 as well (raises pint).

Thanks Georgemak1 - would love to meet up and hell, have a game.  These FMG’s are actually in Canada now though, hopefully Jeremy takes some pics of the finished ones and posts 'em.

• Customizer

“V”,

––I was IN FAVOR of your receiving some royalties,…but I was overruled by the Board of Directors. :roll:
    @Viracocha:

Paul - dammit Texan!  I deserve royalties - royalties I say! eh eh eh - and a here’s to your 2013 as well (raises pint).

––And although I’ve lived/worked in Texas for 12 years now, I’m a native to Louisiana, Shreveport to be exact. So to be correct, your statement should read,…Dammit Louisianan,…or Dammit “redneck”. :-D
    ----Keep up the good work and stay happy.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Louisiana?  Louisiana you say?  Listen here southerner, I don’t care if you’re from the south boondocks - you get me some royalties ya hear? (spitoo-eee)

hehe

• Customizer

“V”,

––Well, I happenned to see the report by the Board of Directors and their contract they’re sending you. I wasn’t allowed to read it but I sneeked a peek at it,…something about severe winter weather in a place called ‘Hades’ or something. :roll:
    ----Oh, BTW, I’m a “citified red-neck”. Born with concrete under my feet.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

I hear Hades is lovely this time of year, eh eh eh eh.

So Paul, was just taking another gander at some of your fine figs… are you going to have rules that correspond to the division/miniature stand?  Or is it for pure coolness? (which it is)

• Customizer

“V”,

@Viracocha:

So Paul, was just taking another gander at some of your fine figs… are you going to have rules that correspond to the division/miniature stand? � Or is it for pure coolness? (which it is)

––Sorry, I didn’t understand your meaning of “division/miniature stand”

––? Did you mean the U.S. Marines? My main reason was one of separating the
    Atlantic(US Army) from the Pacific(US Marines),…I guess you’d call that a “Coolness” factor. I have enough US Army soldiers that If I choose to use them globally, I could have the Marines as a different type of unit. To tell the truth, I’ve been waiting until I had more units painted for ALL nations to enable that option.
    ----What is YOUR OPINION on having Marines as a different unit type with different A/D/C/M factors.
    ––For me, I prefer to have it available as an ‘optional’ rule if everyone agreed.
    ----As far as the UK-Calcutta-based Infantry “Jacks”, they are normal Infantry with different paint jobs for control/financial reasons.
    ––The Paratroopers would have the standard “house rule” A/D/C/F factors. Mostly what IL had mentioned with small differences. My main difference would be that
    ONLY Air Transports can make paratroop drops or air transports, NOT BOMBERS!
    ––Air Transports that are already available are the Italian Transport from FMG,
    the US C-46 Commando and now the German Ju-52 from HBG. Other than that, I really think IL’s paradrop/air transport rules are “spot on” as you’d say.
    ––Or were you thinking about some of the “Special Forces” types I have? I plan on having many, at least one for every country except China. IMHO, “Special Forces” units without special A/D/C/M factors would be nothing more than a waste of time and money!
    ––I’m truly interested in YOUR opinions on unit types and A/D/C/M factors as I respect your opinions.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

“V”,

––I always enjoy talking to, and learning from you about this wonderful game of A&A. I realize in responding I may have “jacked” your FMG thread’s main topic and I’m sorry for that. If you like, you’re always welcome to talk about my units on my thread. Whatever you like, “matey”  :-D

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29550.0

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Oh hey - no worries, ‘jack away’ or - ehhhh, that didn’t sound right. eh eh eh

Ah… good idea to separate the union Jack’s for control/financial reasons.  Well, my ‘A&A Magnum Opus’ is centered around AA50th, so I have kinda more ‘general’ house rules in regard to elite infantry.  A buddy of mine is centered around the global - and that’s where I get a good taste of detailed house rules on occasion.  I think if you decide to tack any +'s on their attack or defense, you should make it really limited - or if you are liberal with the +'s, make sure their universal for fairness of course.  My own house rules for elite infantry are tied in with tech. (excerpt:)

"Elite infantry

If a nation has a development in Army Doctrine, they may utilize the following infantry developments.

• Marines: On the first turn of combat in any amphibious landing, all infantry attacking from a sea zone receive a +1 to their attack rolls.
    • Commandos: On the first turn of combat in any attack involving paratroopers, all infantry transported by aircraft receive a +1 to their attack rolls.
    • Home Guard: On the first turn of combat in any attack on the nation’s capital, half (round down) of the defending infantry receive a +1 to their combat roll.

Nations with Mechanized Infantry and a development in Infrastructure may transport 1 Infantry unit in non-combat turns per bomber unit; as per rules governing transport ships loading/unloading units. The bomber/transport plane cannot have attacked in the same turn."

I have the tech. charts from 50th divided down into four separate areas.  Hmm - back to your wonder… I think it would be cooler if elites had some abilities instead of just a plus here and there.  But the prob. with that is balancing issues, tips pretty easy.

‘Matey’ - eh eh eh - despite living here for many years, I still don’t use that one.

• '12

Hey V thx for lettting me put a few of my pics in your post. My first pics are Italian paras from ceasar miniatures.

012.jpg
    015.jpg

• '12

These are Italian Desert war pieces

016.jpg
    017.jpg

• '12

Italian Mech forces

019.jpg
    020.jpg

• '12

Italian regular inf

021.jpg
    022.jpg

• '12

Italian airforce

023.jpg
    024.jpg

• '12

Italian Navy

025.jpg
    026.jpg

• '12

And these are all my Italian Army, quite a few pieces,lol

027.jpg
    028.jpg

• '12

Some V2 rockets

032.jpg
    034.jpg

• '12

And these are the last pieces that I painted, Im planning on using them as my waffen ss or elite inf.

029.jpg
    030.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m