"Tall Paul's" ENTIRE SET, detailed & painted A&A units by The "WARMACHINE TEAM"!

• Customizer

Guys,

@ch0senfktard:

@Johnson73:

My I ask what you are going to do with all those units?  If US bought 5 tanks during a game that would be about 4 more than they would need.

Yeah, that is way more than enough pieces for US tanks in A&A…
    But, on the other hand, they don’t necessarily have to only be used in A&A.

––Well, let’s see. Let’s start out with 1/2 of them are U.S. Army for the Atlantic/European theater, and 1/2 are U.S. Marine units to be used in the Pacific theater.
    ----I’ve been involved in some very diverse games that were played with long-range goals in mind where it wasn’t  inconceivable that the U.S.A. might need this many tanks.  :-o
    ----Since Germany and Russia can easily have 30 tanks involved in the game I decided to also have that many available for the other major powers,…U.S.A., U.K., and Japan.
    ----Also,…I have more than just a simple G-40 game in mind for all of these units. I plan to one day play a “Solomon Islands” game with a gameboard expanded to the same size of a G-40 map. All the way from Nomea to the Admiralties  with overseas leads to Truk/Japan and Pearl Harbor/America. When using all of the “options” there could be several “new” units, Attack aircraft, APD Destroyer Transports, Marine Raiders(etc.

• Customizer

Calling V.I.P. “V”,

––Hey “V”, I just had a moment when I noticed your last heya. How have you been, lately. Whenever you get some time I’d enjoy talking with you. And if you just happenned to have some news or pics of your nicely painted units,…even better. Later, friend.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

I noticed upon further research into paint schemes for US forces that might help with unit IDs between Army and Marines forces.
    US Army forces made much more use of white ID stars than Marines as the likelihood of other enemy vehicles was much more prevalent
    in the European theater. The Marines basically had the run of he pacific islands with their organic armor due to the paucity of Japanese armor
    arrayed against them. You can go to tracklink to see many 1/35th examples which will also give you more ideas for color schemes.

I think the first set I will have completely painted for my own use will be the Battle of the bulge due to the lesser number of equipment types and then
    move on to the Guadalcanal game for the second set.

Hope this helps a bit with tabletop IDs for your US units.

• Customizer

Guys,

––My intelligence section has reported that “LHoffman” is hard at work painting and decalling the bulk of the
    German Air Force. All of the a/c in this “1st batch” will be painted in the “German Green camo” scheme that everyone is familiar with and will include:

8 FW-190 fighters
    8 ME-110 long range fighters
    8 ME-262 jet fighters
    8 JU-87 tactical, dive bombers
    8 HE-111 medium bombers
    8 DO-17 recon/ medium bombers
    8 JU-488 heavy bombers
    8 JU-52 transports

––Before long there will be additional “batches” of German a/c to include ME-109 fighters and JU-88 medium bombers, also in the “German Green camo” scheme.
    ----After all of the “German Green” a/c we will have some a/c painted in “Afrika Korps” and Winter War" schemes, too.
    ––The intelligence summary indicates all of the complex painting is already complete and the a/c are now in the intricate decalling process.
    ----Since Lucas does such an excellent job of painting and decalling I’m really looking forward to receiving these units.
    ----This batch will give an actual 4-engine bomber as well as introducing Air Transports to the German player.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’ve just received some pics of my Risk Factories that were painted by**“Allworkandnoclay”**. Just go to Reply #1 at the start of this thread and “click” on the Infrastructure Units to see all of them. Altogether there are individual pics of the American, Russian, French, British-European, British-Pacific, Anzac, Japanese, German, Italian, and Un-lettered as well as a group shot which I’ll post below. I hope everyone enjoys them and maybe they’ll even inspire someone to want to paint some themselves.

––Since I’m now going to use the Minor Factories from HBG these “Risk Factories” will now be used as Technical Research Facilities.

“Tall Paul”

riskfactory-all01.jpg

• Customizer

Calling “V.I.P. V”.

––Viracoacha, I’ve got some new units that need to pass your inspection. Whenever you’re ready,…“Hand Salute!” Honestly, it’s been too long since I’ve heard from you.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Heyo Paul  :-D

You have some new coolness you say?  NICE.  Would love to have a gander Tallest of Pauls  :wink:

Oh yeah man… sorry about my absence. I’ve been traveling quite a lot (hopefully this will change in a couple months), so my Internet time and chances to game have been limited.  BUT, I do bring select minis and paints with me and trick some out when I have a chance - so I’ll try to post some of those.

• Customizer

@Viracocha:

Heyo Paul  :-D

You have some new coolness you say?  NICE.  Would love to have a gander Tallest of Pauls  :wink:
    Yeah, we just finished some Rifle Infantry in USA-European, UK-European, and USSR-Winter schemes along with the “Risk” Factories in ALL flavors. I’ll probably use these as “Research Facilities” as “Allworkandnoclay” is working on two dozen of the HBG Minor Factories as we speak.
    Oh yeah man… sorry about my absence. I’ve been traveling quite a lot (hopefully this will change in a couple months), so my Internet time and chances to game have been limited.  BUT, I do bring select minis and paints with me and trick some out when I have a chance - so I’ll try to post some of those.

----I’'ll definately look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
    “Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Guys,

––About a month ago thirty(30) American Rifle Infantry-European scheme completed training(painting). Here they are below, Enjoy:

“Tall Paul”

Infantry-USA_Europe01.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’ve been quite busy lately so I’m playing catch-up.
    Our inteligence has uncoverred twenty(20) Russian Rifle Infantry_Winter scheme that recently completed training(painting). Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Infantry, Rifle Russia_Winter01.jpg
    Infantry, Rifle Russia_Winter02.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Also, twenty(20) British Rifle Infantry_U.K.-European scheme completed training(painting). Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Infantry, Rifle   UK_Europe01.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are the Italian Rifle Infantry_desert scheme that just had their bases re-painted with the corrected Italian roundels. These are the FMG units. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Infantry, Rifle Italy_Desert01.jpg
    Infantry, Rifle Italy_Desert02.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Wow, those are nice Paul and with correct roundels! Nice! :-D

• Customizer

John,

@John:

––Thanks, John. You’ll have to come and see them soon,…maybe next Thursday. I’ve got several more paint projects that are just completing and a ton more just going into the que.

Tall Paul

@Tall:

John,

@John:

––Thanks, John. You’ll have to come and see them soon,…maybe next Thursday. I’ve got several more paint projects that are just completing and a ton more just going into the que.

Tall Paul

Yeah will plan for that, sounds good. :-)

• Customizer

John,

––My brother is waiting until Monday before he’ll know if he and my Dad will come over next Thursday for us to have a 4-person global game. My brother flies hot-air balloons and this is the start of his busy season.
    ----Even if they don’t make it over,…would you want to come down and play a 1940-Europe or Pacific game? Let me know.

Tall Paul

@Tall:

John,

––My brother is waiting until Monday before he’ll know if he and my Dad will come over next Thursday for us to have a 4-person global game. My brother flies hot-air balloons and this is the start of his busy season.
    ----Even if they don’t make it over,…would you want to come down and play a 1940-Europe or Pacific game? Let me know.

Tall Paul

LOL, you remember, I told you regardless, I would come, even if they couldn’t.

If you don’t mind, I would like to play or study the Europe side, because there are a lot of things that I need to know on that map.

I will bring mine.

It won’t take too long to setup.

I really need to see that side of things before we play a global game.

I will plan on being there at 9:00 AM. :-D

• Thanks for sharing the pictures of your latest batch of painted troops, Tall Paul – they look great!

• Customizer

CWO Marc & others,

@CWO:

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your latest batch of painted troops, Tall Paul – they look great!

––I’m glad you enjoyed them. Lord knows I get a real ‘kick’ out of looking at everyone else’s wonderful work! I’ve got many more pics to post,…I’m just having to rename everthing and reorganize my threads as I go.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

@John:

@Tall:

John,

Tall Paul

LOL, you remember, I told you regardless, I would come, even if they couldn’t.

If you don’t mind, I would like to play or study the Europe side, because there are a lot of things that I need to know on that map.

I will bring mine.

It won’t take too long to setup.

I really need to see that side of things before we play a global game.

I will plan on being there at 9:00 AM. :-D

John,….I will be expecting you Thursday a.m. whenever you can arrive. Europe it is.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m