• hey gar dont you mean the Saskatchewan rough-riders?

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@poloplayer15:

hey gar dont you mean the Saskatchewan rough-riders?

No.

He means the Ottawa Rough Riders.
    Or the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

There has never been a CFL team called the Rough-Riders.

Not because the name was already taken twice of course but because hyphens are stupid.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I always thought there were two spaces between Rough  Riders? And that was the difference?

• @GoSanchez6:

Hey Gar the same could have been said of LA last year. Sooner or later it will happen and after watching these first 2 games the Blues have something. Bring on your Canucks the Blues will destroy them. I believe at this moment you would take Elliot or Halak as your goalie would you not? Lets beat the Hawks tonite in Chicago. Going to be a tough one Chicago looks good.

The Cubs have been saying “sooner or later it will happen” for the last century and what do they have to show for it?

The problem in Vancouver is not Luongo or Schneider, it’s the D system and its players….they are WAY over rated and unfortunately it puts those two in a hard spot.  The Cup loss being put on Luongo is BS.  They got beat by a good team, and by their own D.  Pitt has the same problem right now…their D is the problem.

As for “assuming” victory over teams, never get overconfident…Pitt took down NYR and Philly, then lost to Toronto…case in point.

• @SS:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   go Hawks!!!

I second that!  Go BlackHawks!

• Who picked LA to win the cup last year. Probably no one. I do think in this shortened season 2 good goalies are going to be at a premium. With all of these games played in a short amount of time the backup goalie is more important than ever. If you don’t have a good backup your team is going to suffer at some point. If you run your starter out there night in and night out you are risking the chance of wearing him out for the playoff run. That is why I think the Blues have an excellent chance. Halak and Elliot are both solid goalies. With that being said the last week of the season is going to be awesome. How many teams are going to have a chance to get in. Probably most of them. Hockey fans might look back at this season with joy at how it finished because I believe it is going to be high drama at the end. Looking forward to it.

• Sponsor

@GoSanchez6:

Who picked LA to win the cup last year. Probably no one. I do think in this shortened season 2 good goalies are going to be at a premium. With all of these games played in a short amount of time the backup goalie is more important than ever. If you don’t have a good backup your team is going to suffer at some point. If you run your starter out there night in and night out you are risking the chance of wearing him out for the playoff run. That is why I think the Blues have an excellent chance. Halak and Elliot are both solid goalies. With that being said the last week of the season is going to be awesome. How many teams are going to have a chance to get in. Probably most of them. Hockey fans might look back at this season with joy at how it finished because I believe it is going to be high drama at the end. Looking forward to it.

Last year in my playoff hockey pool, I took more LA King players (Richards, Doughty, Kopitar) than any other team, and spent my only goalie slot on Quick. I finished second out of 115 poolers and made a $250 return on my $10 investment , so I guess I choose LA to win the cup.

• Nice call grasshopper I can’t think of any analyst who actually would have said before it started that they felt LA would win it all. You were ahead of the curve.

• Sponsor

Here in Canada I was watching a 5 hour playoff preview and one analyst gave a compelling argument as to why he thought that the Kings were going to handle Vancouver in the first round. He didn’t have any support from his peers, but he convinced me and I based my whole western conference pool picks on his prediction. I remember just before the finals I was sitting 4th and everyone ahead of me had Richards, Kopitar, and Kovalchuk, so all I had was a defenceman and a goalie to out produce the top scorer in the playoffs. All I wanted was to finish 3rd in the money, but Doughty and Quick were awesome, and Kovalchuk sucked so bad I was able to secure 2nd (1st was unreachable before the finals even started). Needless to say I was pretty happy to buy my Habs jersey. and a dinner at the Keg with my wife.

• Hey congrats to the Sharks for being 7-0!

So….Second round exit out of the playoffs this year for them?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Mallery29:

Hey congrats to the Sharks for being 7-0!

So….Second round exit out of the playoffs this year for them?

Yes.

• Sponsor

The Sharks playoff curse will be dispelled this year, they will beat the Blackhawks in the conference finals.

• It is still way early to be making cup predictions. What if Marleau or Thornton goes down? Good nite. The Sharks are an older team. All these games back to back I believe will wear them down. We shall see.

• yessir, depth and youth will be served this season, that’s for sure.

Need the lucky rabbits foot to avoid the injuries as well.

It should be a fun ride!

This is the nucks year to win it all.

We always do great half to 3/4 of the way through the season.

That’s Playoff time this year!

@Gargantua:

Nope.

@LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

Nope.

I’ve crushed insects for less…

• Sponsor

And people think Habs fans are touchy.

@Gargantua:

@LHoffman:

@Gargantua:

Nope.

The Detroit Lions are less disappointing than the Vancouver Canucks.

Do yourself a favor and don’t get your hopes up.

@Gargantua:

Oh yeah, I forgot…        :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m