Does anyone have a good American strategy?

• Check the Games forum to see if TM Moses IV (?) used the UK “Build a bmr a turn” ploy. If not used it is discussed a little there.

In one forum we discussed the US sending bmrs/ftrs as IPCs allowed and UK building bmrs and inf. It took the fun out of the game.

I’ve done it b4. Now play with a 1 plane(bmr or ftr) and 1 capital ship(bb or carrier) per turn purchase limit on ALL countries. I prefer to play opponents who are willing to do the same, but that don’t alus happen.

I know it limits my options, but it keeps me honest and makes me spread my purchases out(inf, arm, tran, bmr, ftr and cv is most of my purchases.)

I think I will try a few games with a required ss purchase for the US every other turn(maybe for the WUS sz.) This may force me to split my purchases if the Japan playa tries to strafe my ss.

It will definitely give the German playa a little breathing room.

• I palyed a game once as USSR with two uncooperative Allies. So the turn before I was eliminated from the game I changed to Axis. My ex partners were pi-double snake-d, but they weren’t helping me.

Japan went east, Germany went west and USSR went south.

When the game was over Germany held UK and EUS…
    Japan held WUS, Hawaii, Australia and NZ…
    USSR held Mos, Kal, Nov, the Middle East, ALL of Africa and ALL of SA(including the neutrals of both continents!!

Yes, I did something unconventional. However, the Axis players did something even more so. If it were done that way in history more bloody wars would have occurred very soon after the end of WWII. The USSR would not likely have done well as it would again be squeezed from east and west.

• If it were done that way in history more bloody wars would have occurred very soon after the end of WWII. The USSR would not likely have done well as it would again be squeezed from east and west.

Not to mention all the bloody guerilla wars they would have had to fight in those countries they took over.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m