• personally, its Star Wars with Star Trek as an extremely close second, and Battlestar a distant third. But what about you guys?

• Sponsor

To be honest, I was born in 72 and I’ve seen all this stuff so many times it has become boring. Maybe I would give the the slightest of edge to Star Trek only because it brought out a recent movie that was actually pretty good. However, Star Wars was a more creative concept IMO.

So, my choice by default is neither at this point in time.

• I like your Avatar pic YG, I like that you preferred this time an alive one…The disturbent of the Force faded away Young Sky ahh Grasshopper…( AeV turns his hidden Lightsaber off…swoshhhh) :-D

• '10

Star Wars for me. When I saw the first one, I think it was like 1979, it reminded me of an old fashioned pirate movie set in outer space.

• What makes each stand out:
    Star Trek
    1. Yesterday’s Enterprise (TNG, Season 3):  Send back one ship to save billions of lives?  Picard arguing “NOT GOOD ENOUGH DAMN IT! NOT GOOD ENOUGH”
    2. Wrath of Khan: Star Trek’s answer to Star Wars.  Needs of the many….
    3. The Visitor (DS9, Season 4):  Many would say TNG’s Inner Light is the most moving episode, but this one takes the cake. 
    4. Something called science and theory. Hence it being actual Sci-Fi
    Star Wars
    1. Groundbreaking effects that set the standard for the next 20 years.
    2. Death Star attack sequence in IV.
    3. Best video games (Battlefront II!)
    4. Recognizable quotes
    Battlestar
    1.  Best post apocalyptic series (sorry Jericho/Revolution/etc fans)
    2.  Frak!
    3.  The coup in the final season
    4.  Bringing back Hendrix!
    5.  Admiral Adama…don’t frak with that man!
    6. Lee’s speech at Baltar’s trial

Negatives:
    Star Trek: Preachy at times, Star Trek Nemesis, a female captain (hell, Voyager)
    Star Wars: It’s fantasy, not sci-fi…
    Battlestar: was also very preachy

Given the choices, I’m still a Star Trek man, but there are other series/movies that should be looked but to not have Babylon 5 on the list is a grave injustice.  Like Battlestar, Babylon 5 followed a premise.  While still not a top series, this show has some serious moments to provide worth mentioning.

And we all know in a fight the Star Trek ships would OWN the Empire!

• Star Trek.

• Star Trek

• Hey frimmel I like your Avatar…KHANNNNNN!!!

• It was Star Wars ,all the way!…BUT now with all this modifications to the original Story line I take my distance to it.
    I liked the newest Star Trek movie because it contained what I would like to see in Star Trek but I never gave to much favor in all the Star Trek.
    Battle Star is not even in my dictonary, sorry guys.

• Star Wars(original).

• @wittmann:

Star Wars(original).

Everyone seems to hate the CGI adds from about 10 years ago, but I was a big fan of them improving the space scenes.  The other stuff/editing was uncalled for, but if they were going to upgrade anything, the space scenes needed it.  While the models were cool, it was very grainy.  You lose a lot of the detail in the bad videos.  The only exception to this is when tie fighters blow up as big as the Death Star.  We know they can’t GO anywhere, so why the hell is the explosion so big when it doesn’t have that big of a power source?!!?!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I just recently watched all of TNG’s seasons.

Got to go with Star Trek, as I nerd out in the evenings once or twice a week, and watch an episode on the laptop.

• Sadly, this could go into the forever timeless sport of bashing Episode I, but they killed Darth Maul! WTF!  He’s a bad ass on Battlefront II.

And why isn’t Red Dwarf a choice?

• @Mallery29:

Sadly, this could go into the forever timeless sport of bashing Episode I, but they killed Darth Maul! WTF!  He’s a bad ass on Battlefront II.

Don´t worry, He (Darth Maul) comes back a few more times until Darth Vader finally pulls the plug!

• '12

Star Trek.  The original series all took place before man set foot on the moon.  It could be preachy yes.  But it was also the first inter-racial kiss on television.

Bad miners turn to green technology to save lives and improve profits:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_in_the_Dark

On racism.  I can never forget the line in this episode.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_That_Be_Your_Last_Battlefield

This should be qued up to the right point.  “Are you blind commander spock?  Look at me.”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vi7QQ5pO7_A#t=128s

• Thanks for the link Malachi.
    I found : “Let that be your last Battlefield” episode fascinating.
    I did watch many as a child, but cannot remember that one.

• a fourth option has been added, (other). this is due to the fact that I realize I left out a large majority of T.V. shows and such. If you have one you like chose the ‘other’ option and please tell us why. Thank you for voting!!!

• The best episode was a two part Galactica 1978 titled “The Living Legend” with the illustrious Commander Cain ( Jeff Bridges). It was basically the battle of Midway in space and John Colicos was particularly prominent in these episodes.

For Trek id say “Balance of Terror” or “Doomsday Machine”

• @Imperious:

The best episode was a two part Galactica 1978 titled “The Living Legend” with the illustrious Commander Cain ( Jeff Bridges). It was basically the battle of Midway in space and John Colicos was particularly prominent in these episodes.

That was the original Pegasus episodes wasn’t it?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Star Trek.

I love Star Wars, but feel like Star Trek is a much… better franchise. It is philosophically deeper than Star Wars and has had some very good actors in it. I grew up on TNG and it will always be my favorite. Though my appreciation for the rest of the universe (minus Enterprise and the new movies) is just as strong.

Never really watched Battlestar Galactica.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m