• '13

@Fishmoto37:

@frimmel:

@Fishmoto37:

@frimmel:

Bama. NDs signature win isn’t looking very impressive as the second half of the Rose Bowl gets under way.

I was just looking at the Alabama schedule and find it less than impressive. Three tough games stand out. LSU, Texas A&M, and Georgia. And we all know how the A&M game turned out.

I think the SEC gets a lot of fluffing from the media, particularly ESPiN. The SEC was nearly 1-2 against the B1G yesterday (and the Huskers gave UGA a fight) and that’s with two of the B1G’s best teams (one of them undefeated) sitting at home. I’m not that impressed with Bama but I’m less impressed with ND (the near debacle against Pitt leaping to mind, along with Stanford) and I really don’t get the love for Te’o from ND. His numbers didn’t justify a trip to the Heisman ceremony.

And didnt Alabama have their “debacle against Texas A&M”? During the second overtime of the Pitt game ND had the ball first and would have scored 7 but their running back lost the ball about 6 inches from the goaline and went into the endzone without it. You can clearly see on the replay the ball in the air as he dove in. And then all Pitt had to do to win was kick a field goal. Wide right by about 18 inches. ND tried to give them the game but Pitt would not take it. So ND took it back. I never saw anything quite like that before.

With a little help from the refs…again. ND had 2 players on the field with the same number, which is a penalty, on the missed field goal. Pittsburgh should have had another attempt at the very least.

• '10

Luck of the Irish!

• '10

Only one more day! GO IRISH! ND 20  Bama 16

• '10

I have decided to change my prediction. I predict that Bama wins big. Has the game started yet?

• @ABWorsham:

I feel like ND has to play a much more perfect game to win, than what Alabama has to. I’m just hoping for a good game.

The game played out much like I thought, Alabama had to much NFL talent on the field for ND to match.

• I didn’t think Bama was as good as they obviously are but ND was about what I expected. Te’o was pretty much a non-factor.

• @frimmel:

Te’o was pretty much a non-factor.

That surprised me, but yesterday I saw a mock NFL draft that had him at 16th pick of the draft.

• Oregon and Alabama would have been a great game, don’t think Oregon wins, but it would have been a much better game. It was clear that ND was no match for Alabama. Kansas State was no match for Oregon.

I know we will have a plus one game in 2015, I hope in ten years to have a playoff system.

• @ABWorsham:

@frimmel:

That surprised me, but yesterday I saw a mock NFL draft that had him at 16th pick of the draft.

Before or after the game?  :-)

He looked tentative and out of position and when he was in position he couldn’t seem to make a play. Some of that is on how good The Tide executed. That O-line was spectacular and that Lacy (Tide TB) had great vision and patience. I don’t think Te’o is a bad player just a bit over-hyped because of his misfortune and being a good guy. Te’o’s game stats. Shazier’s stats. Te’o had more interceptions but fewer sacks and I saw one stat line that had tackles for loss which also goes to Shazier.

@ABWorsham:

Oregon and Alabama would have been a great game, don’t think Oregon wins, but it would have been a much better game. It was clear that ND was no match for Alabama. Kansas State was no match for Oregon.

I know we will have a plus one game in 2015, I hope in ten years to have a playoff system.

Maybe but anytime the Ducks come up against a good defense they don’t look all that special and the Tide D is better than Stanford’s. And the high powered offense can’t score when it’s on the sidelines as Bama just pounded down their throat. It would have been a better first half but the Tide would just have ground them down.

• @frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

@frimmel:

Before or after the game?  :-)

He looked tentative and out of position and when he was in position he couldn’t seem to make a play. Some of that is on how good The Tide executed. That O-line was spectacular and that Lacy (Tide TB) had great vision and patience. I don’t think Te’o is a bad player just a bit over-hyped because of his misfortune and being a good guy. Te’o’s game stats. Shazier’s stats. Te’o had more interceptions but fewer sacks and I saw one stat line that had tackles for loss which also goes to Shazier.

@ABWorsham:

Oregon and Alabama would have been a great game, don’t think Oregon wins, but it would have been a much better game. It was clear that ND was no match for Alabama. Kansas State was no match for Oregon.

Maybe but anytime the Ducks come up against a good defense they don’t look all that special and the Tide D is better than Stanford’s. And the high powered offense can’t score when it’s on the sidelines as Bama just pounded down their throat. It would have been a better first half but the Tide would just have ground them down.

The mock draft was before the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m