• @Imperious:

World in Flames is where you got uber detailed rules that add nothing to the fun factor of the game. All they do is get in the way of a good gaming experience.

Chrome rules that add detail , but nothing else are not axis and allies.

I totally agree, and after all this years its nice to see that the King of complicated houserules finally understand the consept of Axis & Allies  :-D

• @Imperious:

Tactical Bombers and scrambling and combat air patrol and major and minor factories and tech tokens and cruisers and NO’s and NA’s and submerging…

None of this is world in flames.

World in Flames is where you got uber detailed rules that add nothing to the fun factor of the game. All they do is get in the way of a good gaming experience.

Chrome rules that add detail , but nothing else are not axis and allies.

Also Agree some of the rules in WiF are just insane,we did however borrow some stuff from it to pimp up A&A Global
    Vichy France mainly.

• Customizer

Well, it has rockets as a tech. Where Larry got the idea of firing rockets from AA guns I’ll never know; clearly they should have been stand-alone units fired from wherever you like.

@Yavid:

@Flashman:

“Axis and Allies has never had a unit anything like you purpose here.”

That’s because gas wasn’t used in WWII, at least not in combat. Different war, different rules.

V-1s and V-2s could have been in Axis and Allies and used like your gas shells and they didn’t make the cut either

• @Flashman:

Well, it has rockets as a tech. Where Larry got the idea of firing rockets from AA guns I’ll never know; clearly they should have been stand-alone units fired from wherever you like.

@Yavid:

@Flashman:

“Axis and Allies has never had a unit anything like you purpose here.”

That’s because gas wasn’t used in WWII, at least not in combat. Different war, different rules.

V-1s and V-2s could have been in Axis and Allies and used like your gas shells and they didn’t make the cut either

that goes back to Axis and Allies should have an expansion so V-1 and V-2s could be a tech unit

• You want gas attacks???  Just fart at your opponent while playing.  There’s your gas attacks.  Don’t forget to wear a mask.

• You want gas attacks???  Just fart at your opponent while playing.  There’s your gas attacks.  Don’t forget to wear a mask.

Thanks for that contribution. That should solve it.

• @questioneer:

You want gas attacks???  Just fart at your opponent while playing.  There’s your gas attacks.  Don’t forget to wear a mask.

So just SOP for our group :evil:

• This topic was not revisited for some time, I am sorry if it was discussed elsewhere. Here’s a game mechanic suggestion to keep it simple:

1. No need for a new unit. Decide whether an infantry or artillery will be capable of gas attack (or both can be upgraded). Historically, hand grenades, 90 kg cannisters carried by soldiers, mortars, artillery shells were used. For the game, choose one of two basic land units. The new upgraded unit will be more expensive, and could be marked using something.

2. The new effect concept is “force retreat”: The idea is not to kill, but to disrupt the trench by forcing a number of units back one territory and thus to weaken the stack. In AA1914, large stacks of infantry are at the center of the game mechanic, so the gas attack should be about this. A gas infantry rolls to hit normally, no change necessary. Upon hit, 2 defending units (could be 1) are forced to retreat from the contested zone, to any neighboring zone of choice containing own units. (That zone might also be contested.) Retreating units do not have defense rolls and they have to spend the next turn in a hospital or triage, so they cannot move. They can defend the zone they are healing in.

3. Gas infantry comes with protection, so they are immune to gas when defending.

4. A counter tech that can be used is of course gas masks, if tech rolling is used. They can be universally applied if developed, but then producing gas infantry would be useless. A second upgrade can be used to produce masked infantry (more expensive than infantry, less than gas infantry?) Gas masks would complicate matters I guess.

• TripleA

Cavalry…. no horses in WWI is just demoralizing.

• My idea is that the attacker gets to roll 1(or 2) dice and what ever the number is is how many disabled defending infantry which means that they can’t fire back.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m