The Great War 1914-1918: Clash of Empires

• @Imperious:

Germans will have Pickelhaube in honor of Col. Klink

HOGAN!!!

LOL  too good.

• I thought I had been following this thread, but I have not seen any link to any map or box art etc??

It was posted earlier. But note these are early design pics, some changes have been made.

Btw any red-brown Bolsheviks appearing in your game from 1917 on?

nope sorry.

• What happens in the Bolshevik Revolution then.

Do the Russian territories just get eliminated from the game?

• Special Events:

Russian Revolution:
    Russian Revolution – Can begin on turn 10.  At the beginning of turn 10 a roll is made to see if Russia goes into a civil war.  On a D6 roll of 1 the country spirals into revolution.  This roll is modified as follows:

-2 to the roll if an allied capital is held by the Central Powers (-1 if contested)
    -2 to the roll if Petrograd is held by the Central Powers (-1 if contested)
    -1 to the roll if Moscow is held by the Central Powers (-1/2 if contested)
    -1/2 to roll (rounded down) per additional Russian or controlled allied territory that is held (-0 if contested)
    +1/2 (rounded down) to the roll per enemy territory held by the Russians or its controlled allies (+0 if contested)
    +2 to roll if an enemy capital is held by the Allies (+1 if contested)
    The roll is made each and every turn afterwards.  If Russia goes into a revolution she will surrender and all her remaining forces (within Russia) are removed from the game.  All other units outside of Russia, including any controlled territories, are considered to belong to the Russian-controlled Allies.  Furthermore, Serbia, Romania, and Montenegro will remain controlled by the Russian player.  However, Serbia will continue to follow the special rules for the “fall of Serbia.”

Effect: Germany gains economic and total control of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belorussia, Kiev, Ukraine and Crimea. German units in any other Russian areas must retreat and the German player gains no benefit from other Russian areas. All Russian units are removed from play.

• Is there an estimated price for this game? Seems like with the amount of sculpts that it will be pretty pricey.

• Well they want to sell for $99, but I would prefer $119.

Of course the pre-order cost would be less, but not much.

This game does have a 5 by 4 FOOT HARDBOUND MAP, and the box is huge and full of stuff. You will get value for dollar on this.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Man! Even $119 is cheap for this stuff. I thought I’d be looking at $200 easy. Now I can buy two. Thanks IL!

• Customizer

Can I assume from this that the other Allies are not permitted to enter Russian tt?

Do Romania/Serbia/Montenegro have separate units?

Many of your unit sculpt follow a “one of 3” pattern; I would guess that this is broadly  a case of:

1. Central Powers

2. UK/USA

3. France/Russia/Italy

with maybe the odd anomaly such as the USA using the French tank sculpt (though they used UK models as well).

@Imperious:

Effect: Germany gains economic and total control of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belorussia, Kiev, Ukraine and Crimea. German units in any other Russian areas must retreat and the German player gains no benefit from other Russian areas. All Russian units are removed from play.

• Could you specify the models for the sculpts?

For instance, tanks should be clear:
    A7V, Mark IV male/female(?), Renault FT17
    (coorect?)

What about the others?

Dreadnought?
    Kaiser or Tegethoff class for the CPs?

• Any reason for using olive green for US? It’s WW2

Here are the US doughboys:
    http://historymartinez.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/wwi-us-doughboy-uniform.jpg

Please rethink, IL!

No problem with 119$ (if everything is perfect!  :wink: ).

• Can I assume from this that the other Allies are not permitted to enter Russian tt?

Right.

Do Romania/Serbia/Montenegro have separate units?

They use Russian.

Many of your unit sculpt follow a “one of 3” pattern; I would guess that this is broadly  a case of:

1. Central Powers

2. UK/USA

3. France/Russia/Italy

Yes in general terms, but in some cases like both Infantry and entrenched infantry these are all unique.

with maybe the odd anomaly such as the USA using the French tank sculpt (though they used UK models as well).

Yes but not in that example.

• IL this game looks fantastic I know you put your heart and soul in this one and it shows. Can’t wait for it. Now get to work on that Civil War game and Napoleonic game.

• Yes sir.

• Customizer

Regarding ACW and Napoleonics:

Since there are no official A&A games of those conflicts, do you nevertheless intend using the same scale units for them?

You could go down the Eagle Games route of using 1/72 scale pieces; then sell the game without unit pieces as, quite frankly, I have thousands of figures for both. (Though ships and ironclads would be nice, but not in 1/72).

My guess is that you’ll just sell the entire package as a one-off, but compatibility with other games is a selling point.

An alternative approach would be to produce games which include pieces not generally found elsewhere, such as BCW and Anglo-Indian wars (the last a possible companion to Napoleon).

• 1/72 scale is too large. I prefer 1/87 HO scale which is what AA is ( for infantry at least)

Never liked anything made by Eagle games…too cheesy…bright ugly colors, rubbery comic book plastics…stupid three stooges poses…barf.

I have always liked the Viktory II pieces. Thats the scale and look to emulate.

These two games ( War Between the States and Napoleonic Wars) have already been made years ago and have gone thru many revisions.

• Customizer

Whoa, those Viktory II ship pieces are pretty cool.

Hey IL, just out of curiosity (and feel free to PM me), what kind of process is involved with getting your own pieces made? I know you work with a supplier in China, but did you design the individual pieces? What program did you use?

• We are not involved in that process. It is the proper function of the producer on those details. Like HBG pieces, the manufacturer we are using is in China.

• Is it just the picture or does that uniform look green to me in the photo?

• It is a green-brown color.

• Customizer

Are you saying then that you’re working on new versions of these, or new games broadly similar?

@Imperious:

These two games ( War Between the States and Napoleonic Wars) have already been made years ago and have gone thru many revisions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m