• Sponsor

I have had lots of practice and I still mess up a few units here and there.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Young:

There is a lot of stuff to remember out there. Maybe I have not played enough but I would probably miss on most territories.

• Sponsor

I would like to get a count on how many units total in the set-up, I’ll get back with that.

• Sponsor

Germany = 87
    Russia = 71
    China = 18
    Japan = 92
    United States = 54
    ANZAC = 23
    India = 29
    United Kingdom = 62
    Italy = 46
    France = 32

Total = 514 units on the board after setup.

• I can remember things, but even 42 I still have issues with Germany even with the countless times I’ve played it.  How anyone could do Global with ease is mind blowing.

• Customizer

I’ve set it up enough times that I can get most of it done by memory, but there are a few places I seem to forget.
    Germany, Italy and Russia seem to be easiest for me because they are kind of concentrated in a certain area. UK is definitely the hardest to remember for me because they are spread out all over the board. I always seem to forget a unit in Africa or Malta, and sometimes I even forget Kwangtung (Hong Kong).

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Young:

Start playing 6 or 7 games at a time.  You’ll get it down super quick!

• Sponsor

@Cmdr:

@Young:

Start playing 6 or 7 games at a time.  You’ll get it down super quick!

Perhaps, but if you’re playing online, you’re not setting up the board yourself which might make a difference… than again, I don’t play that many games at a time.

Regardless, who ever is voting “piece of cake” lacks respect for the accomplishment IMO.

• I don’t know how many games you guys have all played in person, but I still make mistakes even when I’m using the damn setup guides!  I have to double check myself every time to make sure I did it right.

• Customizer

Well,

––With the possible exception of Gargantua(Grin), All of here are human, and so open to making ‘human’ mistakes.  Although my brother keeps his gameboard set-up and ready almost all of the time, using it to ‘study’, I realize that’s beyond most everyone’s capabilities. Even so, we always have one player from each side show up early to double-check all of the placements. The more pairs of people checking, the faster it goes. It works for us.

----Man what a FUN game!!!

“Tall Paul”

• Sponsor

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m