• As the US I have defeated the Japanese navy and have four battleships and two cruisers in the seazone surrounding Japan, with some transports on the way to invade. If I want to hit Japan with an amphibious assault, am I correct in understanding that he can play one kamikaze token (he has all six still) on a sea unit, and no matter what that cancels out all support shots? In other words, if he plays one at a time I will have to wait six rounds til I can bombard?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

Yes, 1 token is sufficient to prevent shore bombards for that invasion.

• Sponsor

@Degrasse:

Yes, 1 token is sufficient to prevent shore bombards for that invasion.

Correct, 1 Kamikaze played will cancel all bombardments, but I wouldn’t allow that to prevent you from invading. if you wait for your bombardment opportunity when Kamikazes are gone, Japan can still scramble 1 plane to negate it. Plus… if he has all 6 remaining, I would bring in everything I can into the invasion just to be safe, bombardment or not.

• Thanks. The funny part is when we had our gigantic Japanese-American naval clash my opponent forgot to use them and remembered halfway through the battle. Of course I wouldn’t let him use them then. Cheers.

• Sponsor

@McX:

Thanks. The funny part is when we had our gigantic Japanese-American naval clash my opponent forgot to use them and remembered halfway through the battle. Of course I wouldn’t let him use them then. Cheers.

You were right not to let him use them at that point.

• my favourite use of them is to kill US DDs if he is attacking with alot of planes, and I have alot of subs, and not that many surface ships

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I hope Germany is/was in a VERY strong position at this point, at least…otherwise, I think it would be time to throw in the towel.  Never seen the Axis survive without Japan and a mediocre or worse position in Europe. ^_^

However, depending how close the battle is/was, I may have allowed him to throw the kamikazees away, just to get rid of them!  Hate having them hang over me like the Sword of Damoclese.

Yes, Kami’s are part of the battle and do distract your capitol ships from firing on the shore. :P  Pretty sure they can target Transports too so double whammy there (no bombardment and 33% chance of losing a transport with troops…can really screw with things.)  Could be wrong on that, however…it’s been a LONG time since I’ve had to deal with it.

• Germany was - he had just taken over Russia and was poised to run wild through the rest of the Russian territories, the Middle East and into China. I sent tanks from India in waves and was able to hold him at bay, luckily I had reduced Italy to its original territories as well. I still haven’t gotten Japan :) but he only has four infantry left…been strategic bombing the hell out of him with US bombers and an ambitious ANZAC. Germany’s strong but I’ve done a good job of hitting Normandy and Belgium and have a US minor in Norway. I believe the game’s about over…

Kamikazes can hit transports? I thought I read they only hit capital ships, at least in the second editions.

• '16

A kamikaze strike can target any specific
    enemy surface warship (not a submarine or transport)
    belonging to the attacking power.

Page 16 of Pacific 1940 2nd Edition rulebook.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m